*NOW OFFERING A $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS*
Are you looking to join a dynamic company that values you as an employee? Are you a highly motivated individual who likes a challenge? Do you want a great work environment and great benefits like medical/pharmacy/dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401k employer match, an employer sponsored pension plan and up to a 10% annual bonus? If you answered YES to these questions, then this is the job for you! Apply NOW!
We have an immediate opening on our 2nd shift (Monday through Friday (3pm-11pm) for an experienced Maintenance Specialist. Training would be on 1st shift (Monday through Friday 7am-3pm) for a period of 3-6 months.
JOB SUMMARY: Repair and maintain all production equipment in the most efficient manner in order to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform all scheduled or preventive maintenance as specified by the Maintenance Manager.
2. Perform all reactionary repairs as required.
3. Maintain all required data logs and sheets.
4. Assist as needed in all operator required maintenance.
5. Record all time and jobs in MP2 Maintenance software program.
6. Inform the relief person of all systems conditions and status.
7. Keep the Shift Supervisor informed of all matters related to the job responsibilities.
8. Exercise good housekeeping habits.
9. Observe all safety rules and regulations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to speak, read and write English at high school level and perform basic math functions
2 Ability to learn and memorize product codes, package codes and product grades
3. Ability to demonstrate good communication skills
4. Ability to follow instructions
5. Ability to use basic mechanic’s hand tools
6. Ability to work with limited supervision
7. Ability to prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions
8. Ability to operate a forklift truck
9. Ability to stick weld
10. Proficiency in plumbing, electrical and light machine work
11. Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems
12. Knowledge of mistake proofing and Lean manufacturing
13. Ability to multi-task
14.Computer experience with windows based programs
Required: High School diploma or GED equivalent
Experience Required: Welding, plumbing, soldering, troubleshooting, Proficient at replacing and or repairing belts, pulleys, chains, sprockets, gear boxes, pumps, motors, heat exchangers. Working at heights, on ladders and in confined space. Working outdoors on cooling towers, snow blowing, shoveling, salting walkways. Ability to perform basic carpentry task and painting.
Desired: Experience in facility maintenance, steam boilers, electrical motors, working with 480V 3 phase, 120 V single phase, electrical systems, and HVAC systems. Working with metal fabrication tools, Lathe, Drill press, grinders, oxy/acetylene torches.
Licenses/Certificates Desired: Forklift Operator’s License, Hazardous Materials Certification (HAZWOPER)
1. Employee is regularly exposed to production environment of noise and dust
2. Employee may be exposed to cold temperatures and/or extreme heat at times
3. Employee is regularly exposed to hazardous materials
1. Ability to stand, stoop, twist, turn and work over the head
2. Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds repeatedly
3. Ability to mount/dismount forklift
4. Ability to pass pulmonary exam and wear a fitted respirator
5. Ability to climb long flights of stairs and ladders
6. Ability to work at heights
7. Ability to work in confined spaces
With over 60,000 employees working across 46 countries, Saint-Gobain’s Innovative Materials Sector boasts a unique and profitable portfolio of high-tech and high value-added solutions for housing and construction, mobility, healthcare and industry.
A true technology bridgehead for the Saint-Gobain Group, the Innovative Materials Sector is supported by 3 powerful growth drivers: innovation, co-development and research.
In the field of High Performance Materials, it proposes a comprehensive range of innovative technologies targeting the housing and construction market, transport, industry and healthcare, and combined into four families of materials: ceramics, polymers, abrasives and technical fabrics. Flat Glass is a world leader in manufacturing, processing and selling glass products for the construction and transportation sector (including the automotive industry).
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.Apply Now
Posting Date: 07/22/2021
Job Code: 587078See yourself here