The Maintenance Engineer III will be responsible for investigating and problem solving plant reliability issues utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) techniques and principles. This position will support maintenance teams in the rationalization, planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to drive improved sustainable plant reliability in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Gypsum’s Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO). The Maintenance Engineer* III will also support the plant and company strategic initiatives including capital and non-capital process equipment projects and provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant process modifications.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Provides an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and services with a goal of world class yield, availability and reliability.
- Plans overall process equipment improvements and ensures achievement of goals and objectives.
- Responsibilities include designing and developing new process systems, revising / maintaining existing processes; developing and implementing WCM projects, managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost/ benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
- Manage process team’s workflow including planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing installation, maintenance and repair activities, and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
- Performs root cause analysis as well as implement sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
- Improves reliability and reduces maintenance costs through statistical analysis to identify failure trends using Focused Improvement (FI) tools.
- Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
- Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM’s that drive improved reliability.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key suppliers of key process equipment.
- Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
- Works closely with Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
- Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
- Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions.
- Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
- Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to WCM / Early Equipment Management (EEM) standards.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
- Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five to ten (5-10) years of applied professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience PM technologies (vibration analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, ultrasonic), the sciences of heat transfer and flow of solids, liquids and powder.
- Experience with P&I, Equipment Layout Drawings, grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting.
- Experience with project cost estimating, competitive bidding, critical path scheduling, resource funding, and capital funding.
- Knowledge of or experience utilizing WCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now