CertainTeed, a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain and a leader in sustainable product development, is looking for a Principal Project Management Engineer to join their Siding Products group and join one of the best places to work in North America. As a Principal Project Management Engineer, you will be accountable to install, setup, troubleshoot and validate engineering projects group wide. In this role, you will be required to not only have sound technical and leadership abilities, but also structured and methodical project management skills, i.e., project charter development, statement of work, project planning and scheduling, actions and deliverables, milestones, risk assessment and proactive corrective actions, good management and controls, excellent documentation and thorough supportive project handoff. CertainTeed is not only passionate about sustainability, but is passionate about safety; while managing engineering projects, this position provides advanced technical support in the areas of safety and productivity.
You will flex your strategic and tactical planning skills by controlling the risks associated with process development and industrialization. You will perform individual analysis or lead analysis teams to identify the critical parameters required to product quality products, which meet or exceed product specifications. Your focus will be the overall process and project management, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, engineering, and strategic automation. You will also participate in developing processes for new production and automation equipment. As the Principal Project Management Engineer, you will report to the Director of Engineering within Central Engineering.
- Create project plans and charters that effectively establish the project stakeholders, participants, scope, budget, schedule, equipment and deliverables.
- Provide support to initiate projects by properly vetting all vendors; assemble and advise project teams; and engage stakeholders to ensure they understand deliverables and project impact.
- Coaches project teams
- Utilize advanced knowledge and attention to detail applying engineering fundamental principles, in mechanical assemblies, material handling, facilities, controls, engineering software and machine design to evaluate process controls to select a variety of auxiliary equipment.
- Manage project budgets and continue to track project lead-time to prevent costly project scope sweep.
- Manage project handoff: provide a clear and complete handoff of the project or process to the team that will manage the project or process through to the end; supports project teams by providing insight to ensure successful completion.
- Evaluate existing equipment, manufacturing tools, and technologies to recommend changes, maintenance, repair, and contingency needs.
- Collaborate with R&D, local sites, and key vendors to ensure the successful launch of new products and the reduction of losses due to design and execution weaknesses.
- Assists local sites in developing long term project lists to maintain constant flor of projects and accomplishments for cost reduction while developing the management of change process as it relates to new products, process, or equipment changes that impact finished goods processing.
- Lead cross-functional design and review meetings, ensuring continuous improvement in time-to-capability and time-to-market metrics.
- Oversees the development and use of trouble shooting guides for all manufacturing processes and tools, reduce waste and scrap, and improve yield.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of current trends and improvements in the Plastics Industry including process improvements, controls engineering, and advanced manufacturing operations to optimize processing and drive continuous improvement; utilize this knowledge to support training programs for all plant personnel in continuous improvement.
- Support a safe working environment at all times by correcting or reporting unsafe acts or conditions through appropriate channels of resolution and manage incident investigations with the intention of recommending corrective action plan and overseeing its implementation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline is required. A Master of Science degree in a related field a plus, but not required. A Professional Engineer (PE) certification is also a plus, but not required.
- At least 10 years of experience in manufacturing project management, with experience leading projects valued >$1M.
- Is a subject matter expert or is capable of being one as it relates to the extrusion processes – thus, an understanding for the behaviors of a variety of polymers, fillers and other additives coupled with knowledge of PLC’s, HMI’s, and relay logic controls.
- Established and proven Project Management Capability with demonstrated quantitative and statistical analysis skills.
- Experience using electrical test equipment.
- Experience with mechanical measuring, vibration and alignment techniques, and test equipment.
- Project Management Certifications are a plus, but not required: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Agile Certified Professional (PMI-PMI), Project in Controlled Environments (PRNICE2), Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now