This position is responsible assisting in an industrial gypsum production environment through manual labor and use of machinery to move products.
• Performs all work according to safety standards and procedures
• Ensures work space is clean, safe and in working order within assigned area(s) including sweeping, and other 5s projects
• Performs department duties and forklift driving/duties as required
• Works well with others in a team environment
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures
• May assist operators with changeovers, set ups, adjustments and shutdowns and/or other production line operation.
• Maintain all equipment, including cleaning during down periods.
• Must be able to operate forklift.
• Reports directly to the Shift Leader/Supervisor
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs back up/coverage for departmental duties once certified within assigned coverage position
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of Company policies, practices and procedures
• Knowledge of production area processes and procedures
• Ability to operate mechanical equipment including fork truck which is primarily driven in reverse requiring turning and twisting of torso and neck
• Ability to perform repetitive functions in a timely and accurate manner
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• High school education or equivalent
• Proven ability to read, write, interpret and/or apply instructions to assigned activities
• Display adaptability, customer focus, and good written and oral communication.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• One (1) or more years of experience within a manufacturing environment
• Experience operating a forklift
• Work is performed in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and temperature changes.
• Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs.
• Shift work that may require long hours, and weekend and holiday work. May require travel by air and rental cars.
• Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated
• Perform tasks that require extensive and rigorous walking, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, gripping, stair, and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs.
• May require long periods of sitting, walking, standing, working on a computer or engaging in telephone conversation.
With 12 300 employees in 56 countries, the Gypsum and Ceilings Activity extracts and processes gypsum into a wide array of plaster products for construction and decoration meeting growing customer demand for a comfortable and visually pleasing home environment, and also the ease to install.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.Apply Now
Location: Las Vegas
Posting Date: 06/10/2021
Job Code: 586581See yourself here