The Territory Manager for the CertainTeed Siding Business Unit is responsible for all aspects of sales and service to a mixture of distributors, contractors, builders, lumberyards and two step distribution customers. The Territory Manager is accountable to achieve the growth and profitability objectives for CertainTeed in concert with sales and marketing objectives. The Territory Manager must establish and maintain relationships with customers to include all stakeholders in the territory. Product knowledge, financial business acumen, and the ability to develop industry and market knowledge and opportunity analyses are essential to the success of the role. This position is within our central region, covering eastern Missouri and central – southern Illinois.
- Operates in a safe and environmentally conscious manner, providing Preferred Service and to our customers.
- Develops and implements territory strategy consistent with the overall company's Strategic Sales and Marketing Plan to maximize quality/effectiveness of sales calls.
- Calls on customers to include but not limited to: contractors, builders, lumberyards and 2 step distribution creating "pull-through" demand to close related sales.
- Proactively participates as an active member in key events such as builder and trade shows
- Build, maintain, and add value to relationships between customers’ and CT's organizations; "customer" includes all audiences - owners, builders, contractors, distribution, etc.
- Provide technical support to all customer audiences; establish credibility as solutions oriented, industry expert.
- Performs market sensing functions, reports on customer needs, and market intelligence/trends.
- Monitors market pricing and, where applicable, presents documented price approval requests to manager in strict accordance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
- Conducts/participates in sales promotion and educational meetings with customer base.
- Participate in, and promote CT's "Building Solutions" program within a team to support cross-Business Unit growth.
- Works closely with roofing counterparts to drive sales as an exterior solution for CertainTeed
- Identify, qualify and develop new account prospects consistent with overall company strategy.
- Participate in formalized Scorecard/Sales Coaching process and appropriate training programs to continuously improve professional selling and technical competencies.
- Performs timely review and updates of pricing in support of customer service and transaction accuracy.
- Assist in preparation and placement of orders for new customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field, or the equivalent training which will provide a working knowledge of the regulations, practices and procedures concerned with outside sales activities for the construction industry.
- Five years of related experience in applying this knowledge in daily sales activities such as managing customer relationships, sales presentations and the closing of sales.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build quality relationships through networking.
- Negotiation skills, problem solving abilities, and presentation skills a must.
- Proficiencies in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) are also required.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now