You’ll join a dynamic sales team who have strong customer relationships and solid knowledge of service delivery within our CertainTeed Canada business.
The Territory Manager (TM) for CertainTeed will be responsible for building sales within new and existing customers. The Territory Manager will primarily work directly with contractors and dealer/ distribution customers to generate sales growth of CertainTeed’s (CT) portfolio of building products for interior and exterior applications. They will be responsible for account planning, developing and coordinating activities to expand CT sales and be the preferred choice within the Atlantic Canada region. In addition, the TM will work in collaboration with their regional colleagues to deliver cross-functional customer planning sessions to unlock and maximize the sales opportunities across the full product portfolio,
What will you do?
- Develop and implement territory strategy consistent with the overall business direction to grow sales with year over year growth in multiple product categories.
- Identify customer solutions that span across multiple product categories and cross-functional stakeholders, and collaborate effectively with our customers to help them grow their business
- Establish and effectively manage a high sales call cycle for a diverse customer base such as contractors, builders, owners and homebuilders and create “pull-through” demand, subsequently working with distribution customers to close related sales
- Work collaboratively with Architectural Solutions colleagues to deliver sales growth by working towards securing specifications and tracking construction projects from planning through bidding phases to maximize closing rates
- Support the achievement specifications for Value Added Products (VAP)
- Conducts and participates in sales promotions and educational meeting with contractors, builders and builder sales representative, applicators, distributors and other trade factors.
- Monitor competitive activity and industry trends to create competitive solutions
- Provides product knowledge to customer inquiries and develop account growth
- Monitors market pricing, and where applicable, presents documented price approval requests to manager in strict accordance with company guidelines.
- Communicate promptly and regularly with the regional team on trends, opportunities, and issues
- Promptly investigates customer complaints and makes recommendations to improve the customer experience
- Monitor the quality of our products to ensure customers are satisfied and issues are resolved internally
- Participates in formalized training programs to continually improve professional selling and develop a thorough working knowledge of products and programs.
- Process all administrative tasks accurately and on time (Salesforce, expense accounts, new customer setups etc.)
- Ensures alignment to our Health & Safety core value by continuously evaluating our workplace for safety concerns
Remote position ; managing Atlantic Canada- New Brunswick/PEI territory
Living in NB is a requirement
Travel: up to 25% overnight
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or similar discipline, or five (5) years of equivalent training and related experience in the building, construction industry.
- Five to ten (5-10) years of applied professional selling experience which includes managing customer relationships, sales presentations and closings of sales.
- Experience managing distribution channels and contractor sales is strongly preferred
- Experience creating and executing sales
- Territory management experience with a focus on developing long-term relationships.
- Experience successfully meeting or exceeding sales target by being results driven,
- Communicating Effectively-written and orally, including presentation skills
- Decision Making & strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional at working in a collaborative team environment
- Focusing on Customers
- Planning & Organizing
- Thinking Systematically
- Initiating Action & Agility
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other technology (Sales Force)
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com Apply Now