CertainTeed Architectural, a division of CertainTeed’s award winning construction products group, is looking for an Architectural Sales Manager to support the New England sales region. The Architectural Sales Manager sells acoustical ceiling and wall systems to distributors and contractors through focused education, demonstrations, and promotions to architects and other specifiers. They will be responsible for executing programs and strategies that differentiate themselves and CertainTeed through extraordinary support and service that establishes and maintains CertainTeed as the preferred supplier within New England. The Architectural Sales Manager reports to the Regional Sales Manager
- Promote and sell CertainTeed ceiling products through approved channels of distribution to include architects, contractors and distributors in the assigned territory.
- Conduct effective ceiling product and system presentations to architects and customers.
- Conduct and log a minimum number of AIA presentations in the assigned territory as directed by the RSM.
- Operate in a safe and environmentally conscious manner; provide Preferred Service and Preferred Quality to our customers.
- Optimize effectiveness in the field through continuous use of the CRM program (Super Office).
- Maintain a database of architects, contractors and distributors for the assigned territory.
- Maintain reports regarding activities and results such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, annual territory analysis, etc.
- Evaluate existing and potential volume of all buying factors in assigned territory and concentrates major selling effort on those accounts which represent the highest percentage of the total volume.
- Prepare and review an annual business plan with all direct buy and indirect buy customers. Reviews with customers on a quarterly basis.
- Develop an Action Plan in support of the assigned sales and profit targets for the assigned territory.
- Make product and merchandising presentations to sales outlet personnel including their sales forces utilizing price lists, sales promotion literature, advertising reprints, samples, displays, product knowledge, etc.
- Obtain current information from the marketplace regarding competitor’s pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising technique, etc. and transmits significant developments to supervisor.
- Investigate customer complaints, prepares reports and make recommendations to supervisor for settlement.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration majoring in Marketing or the equivalent training that will provide a working knowledge of the regulations, practices and procedures concerned with outside sales activities.
- One to three years of related experience in the application of this knowledge to sales activities such as customer contracting, sales presentation and the closing of sales.
- Experience in the building products industry, understanding the architectural specification cycle, effective presentation skills and a drive to be number 1 are preferred.
- Travel 3-4 days per week within Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now