CertainTeed's Architectural Solutions Team is now hiring a Customer Account Specialist. Under the supervision of the Service Center Supervisor, the Customer Account Specialist is accountable for establishing a strong customer relationship based on trust and responsiveness to deliver World Class Service to the incumbents’ customer base. As a Customer Account Specialist, you are a master of accuracy and proficiency, especially when it comes to processing customer orders. Additionally, you will be empowered to resolve multi-part customer complaints/concerns in a timely and professional manner. You will maintain a high level of service to our customers by being proactive and exhibiting ownership for the customers. Cross-knowledge of business lines and regions, along with the ability to analyze and respond to fluctuating situations and conditions, will be the keys to your success in this role.
Travel (up to 5%) may be required as business needs dictate, requiring the use of airplanes and rental cars.
- Process customer sales orders in accordance with published product lead times and Service policies ensuring accurate and timely delivery of product from multiple product lines across several plant locations.
- Maintain constant contact with customers, sales representatives, Credit department, Logistics and suppliers regarding information on scheduled shipments, product availability and credit status.
- Work with both internal and external suppliers to fulfil customer orders across our Ceilings portfolio
- Prepare various forms and reports for assigned territory such as open orders, allocation summaries and other necessary documents to facilitate effective business operations.
- Assist customers in an empathetic manner with questions and concerns regarding product quality, shortages, and damages, billing errors and delayed deliveries.
- Properly escalates the most complex issues to appropriate personnel, and tracks issues through to completion ensuring necessary follow-through on all open items.
- Utilize SAP and Salesforce.com to process sales orders and track customer satisfaction cases.
- Document all service related issues in the Salesforce reporting database and log all calls correctly.
- Maintain customer accounts with up-to-date information, and maintains and updates multiple shared documents for the Customer Service team and Ceilings Business Unit.
- Properly file all original documents in paperless document management system daily.
- Respond to customer inquiries, such as inventory availability and technical product information.
- Work closely with centralized Planning Dept. and Logistics to adjust production or shipping schedules for Special product requests and outlier shipments within an acceptable/specified timeframe.
- Coordinate with Logistics to build efficient load plans and schedules utilizing various mode-mix tools and shipping options, such as: Truck (full-truck loads, partial pooled loads and LTL), Van and Flats.
- Cross-train with peers during lower volume periods to better assist our customers.
- Manage the Return Material Authorization (RMA) process within agreed upon policy, ensuring customer satisfaction, while ensuring guidelines and goals are achieved.
- Process job quotes for customers to utilize during the bid process ensuring all products and parts are included.
- Follow order from quote phase through ordering phase ensuring accuracy of products and pricing.
- A combination of formal education such as Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree with certifications and/or at least 2-4 years of progressive customer service experience.
- SAP experience required, along with MS Office and Sales Force. Intermediate Excel skills specifically are preferred; general comfort with learning new systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Prior experience with successful conflict resolution.
- Strong ability to multi-task with competing priorities.
- Flexibility in working hours 7:30am – 6pm with some overtime and occasional weekends. Willingness and ability to work from home during inclement weather or emergency situations – requires home land phone line & internet.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A responsible team player with demonstrated influencing skills and unwavering personal values preferred.
- Some exposure to building products and/or retail industry preferred.
- Experience with International shipping requirements a plus
- Prior experience with commercial job quoting and an understanding of commercial project phases a plus
- Project management experience a plus
- General understanding of an RCP is a plus
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now