The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for sales growth of CertainTeed’s (CT) portfolio of products and systems by generating sustained demand and positioning CT as the preferred choice among owner, architect, builder, contractor, and distribution customer audiences in a manner consistent with CertainTeed’s Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO).
- Works collaboratively with Strategic Account Managers and Architectural Sales Managers to deliver sales growth and sustained demand.
- Meets or exceeds Performance Objectives and Incentive Sales Goals as determined by management.
- Achieves specifications for Value Added Products (VAP) and increase project closing rate in both the residential and commercial markets.
- Develops and implements territory strategy consistent with the overall business to maximize quality / effectiveness and quantity of sales calls.
- Calls on end-users, contractors, builders, architects/specifiers, owners and homebuilders creating a “pull-through” demand, subsequently working with distribution customers to close related sales.
- Actively targets and tracks construction projects from planning through bidding phases to maximize closing rates using company provided tools such as McGraw-Hill Network, SpecShare, etc.
- Proactively participates as an active member in key events of all local American Institute of Architects (AIA), US Green Building Council (USGBC) and Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) chapters.
- Builds, maintains and adds value to relationships between customer’s and CT’s organization; customers include all audiences, including owners, specifiers, contractors, distributors, etc.
- Provides technical support to all customer audiences and establishes creditability as a solutions oriented industry expert.
- Preforms market sensing functions, reports on customer needs and market intelligence and trends.
- Monitors market pricing, and where applicable, presents documented price approval requests to manager in strict accordance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
- Conducts and participates in sales promotions and educational meeting with architects, contractors, builders and builder sales representative, applicators, distributors and other trade factors.
- Develops and maintains business plans within the market.
- Participates in and promotes CT’s “Building Solutions” program to support cross-business unit growth.
- Identifies, qualifies and develops new account prospects consistent with overall company strategy.
- Promptly investigates customer complaints; preparing reports and making recommendations to supervisor for timely settlement.
- Participates in formalized training programs to continually improve professional selling and technical competencies.
- Reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, marketing, business or similar discipline, or five (5) years of equivalent training and experience that provides thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations and practices concerned with the field of construction.
- Two to three (2-3) years of applied professional experience which includes managing customer relationships, sales presentations and closings of sales.
- Knowledge of commercial and residential construction practices.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build quality relationships through networking.
- Good interpersonal, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills with good written and oral communication.
- Results driven, flexible, open-minded and ability to work in a team environment.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now