Saint-Gobain in Merrimack, NH is seeking a Machine Operator (1st shift) for our Ground Base Radome (GBR) business. In this role, you will operate machines and use various jigs/fixtures to create a rigid, thermoplastic, self-supporting panel which are designed to protect various communication systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Basic machine set up
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings to understand material to be used.
- Load thermoform material into machinery (manually or using mechanical assistance tools)
- Operate machine
- Complete visual inspections on material as it is processed through machines
- Load thermoform material into various jigs /fixtures for sub and final assembly
- Apply various types of hardware to sub and final assemblies using small hand tools and adhesive(s)
- Check materials using various calibrated and non-calibrated tools to ensure dimensional aspects of the parts being processed
- Insert, replace and perform repairs as needed
- Meet productivity time and quality standards in area of responsibility
- Recognize and report defective materials or questionable conditions to Lead and/or Production Supervisor when necessary
- Maintain 5S housekeeping/organization within work area
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned