Under the supervision of the Service Center Supervisor or Manager, the Customer Account Specialist II is accountable for establishing a strong customer relationship based on trust and responsiveness to deliver World Class Service to the incumbents’ customer base. As a Customer Account Specialist, you are a master of accuracy and proficiency, especially when it comes to processing customer orders. Additionally, you will be empowered to resolve multi-part customer complaints/concerns in a timely and professional manner. You will maintain a high level of service to our customers by being proactive and exhibiting ownership for the customers. Cross-knowledge of business lines and regions, along with the ability to analyze and respond to fluctuating situations and conditions, will be the keys to your success in this role.
Travel (up to 20%) may be required as business needs dictate, requiring the use of airplanes and rental cars.
- Accept, enter, schedule and maintain orders within SAP, including being responsible for performing backorder coordination/shipping.
- Work within the Order Entry Document Manager (OEDM), including verifying accurate information on ship schedule and maintaining customer records in all databases.
- Understands and executes all types of order processing (EDI/Business Connections)
- Verify pricing
- Respond to inquiries, e.g. inventory availability, production schedule, technical questions, products and policies; communicates delays in a timely manner
- Ability to build efficient truckloads and schedules in coordination with the traffic department
- Understands and correctly provides direction of the Service Advantage for our customer and Sales Team.
- Communicates when necessary with internal departments regarding Credit and Pricing
- Expedites hot or special orders as agreed upon with sales and supervisor
- Properly communicates, manages and resolves customer and sales issues in a professional and empathetic manner
- Address and correct customer service issues, forward issues to appropriate department, continued follow-up through resolution to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Manage the Return Material Authorization (RMA) process within agreed upon policy, ensuring customer satisfaction, while ensuring guidelines and goals are achieved.
- Cross train to gain understanding of the functions within Supply Chain to effectively support the overall Siding Products Group.
- Provide coverage for time off, peak periods and perform at the Learning Path proficient level and as a high performer in all aspects of customer service and related cross trained function(s).
- A combination of formal education such as Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree with certifications and/or at least 2-4 years of progressive customer service experience.
- SAP experience required, along with MS Office and Sales Force. Intermediate Excel skills specifically are preferred.
- A high performer in the CAS Learning Path – achieving agreed upon metrics and demonstrating critical behaviors.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills, including successful conflict resolution.
- Strong ability to multi-task while remaining organized.
- Flexibility in working hours 7:30am – 6pm with some overtime and occasional weekends. Willingness and ability to work from home during inclement weather or emergency situations – requires home land phone line & internet.
- Unwavering personal values.
- Some exposure to building products and/or retail industry preferred.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now