Reporting to the Area Sales Director South, the FSM will be responsible for developing and implementing the Industrial, Welding and Construction sales objectives and initiatives within the described District. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, coach, motivate and evaluate direct reports. Oversee the big picture management of Rep Agencies through partner territories with your employees.
- Filter and direct the activities of the sales team to achieve and exceed sales budget. Scrutinize and vet initiatives from all stake holders within the business and encourage your team to manage and execute the activities and programs that optimize their time and consequent achievement of their respective sales budgets and goals.
- Constantly evaluate the opportunities and share landscape in the district and modify talent distribution to maximize share gain.
- Ensure we have the correct Distributor partners, that we are aligned appropriately in the market, and referee conflicts with a consistent temperament. Execute change as appropriate with an eye on National Account and Buying Group commitments. Push the team to maximize price and lead with value and cost downs.
- Establish next level relationships with key Distribution and End Users.
- Establish key relationships within the business to include but not limited to PM’s, AE’s, Customer Service and National Accounts.
- Be a voice of the field to management and the business.
- Manage costs to budget or less.
- Create an environment of trust, fun and competition.
- Approximatley 60% travel
- BS/BA degree is required, preferably in Business, Marketing, or Engineering.
- Ideal candidate must have demonstrated ability to lead, coach and motivate a team with a record of continuously meeting or exceeding sales budgets.
- Ideal candidate will have 5 years’ management experience and 7-10 years of total sales and marketing experience.
- Must show strong creative planning capabilities, challenging the status quo with new ideas.
- Ideal candidate must have knowledge of industrial abrasive distribution and markets including welding and construction.
- Must possess exceptional people skills, organization skills, relationship building, follow up, and presentation skills. The candidate must have a high energy level, enthusiasm and mentoring acumen; articulate and aggressive with high attention to detail and must have the ability to stay focused when leading multiple initiatives in a complex role.
District 74 is a very broad and diverse District representing all market segments. The District is growing as a result of many companies relocating to the South to take advantage of State offered tax credit and training incentives. 2019 sales were $26.9M which dropped to $22.6M in 2020 due to the pandemic. The geographic area includes Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida Panhandle, Eastern Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee and select counties in Virginia. Key markets include: Automotive, Aerospace, Bearing, Construction, Cutting Tools, Foundry, Marine, Medical, Plywood & Particle Board, Primary Metals, Railroad, Welding and Woodworking.
Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets in the UK. We are the world’s leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products.
With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now