The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for managing all sales activities for contractors, architects and distributors in the Southern California and Nevada region. The TM is also responsible for increasing corporate sales through the development, organization, and implementation of focused education sessions and demonstrations as well as directing promotional activities targeted to industry leaders in his assigned territory.
- Operate in a safe and environmentally conscious manner; provide Exceptional Service and Quality to our customers.
- Conduct effective ceiling product, system trainings, and presentations to architects and customers.
- Conduct and log a minimum number of AIA presentations in the assigned territory.
- Conduct and log a minimum number of customer calls in the assigned territory.
- Develop a professional relationship with architects and designers
- Design and implement a sales strategy for the territory
- Initiate contact and maintain follow-up activities with customers to continually discuss their needs.
- Explain to customers how their needs could be met by CertainTeed Ceiling products.
- Provide information such as product use, pricing, availability, and credit terms.
- Use resources including product market research including but not limited to Dodge, Salesforce.com, directories, online tools, leads from existing clients, participation in organizations, and networking internally / externally.
- Investigate and provide solutions to customers regarding complaints with guidance from the District sales manager.
- Obtain current information from the marketplace regarding competitor’s pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising technique and communicate significant developments to DSM.
- Optimize effectiveness in the field through continuous use of the assigned Salesforce.com CRM program.
- Maintain a database of architects, contractors and distributors for the assigned territory.
- Maintain reports regarding activities in your area through salesforce.com and other tools provided. Use these tools to provide, to the DSM, quarterly and yearly market overview and territory analysis.
- Adhere to corporate policy as well as state and federal legislation with focus particularly on abiding Anti-Trust laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration or equivalent training that will provide a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations, and practices concerned with the field or marketing.
- 3+ years of sales territory experience or relevant sales/marketing management in the building materials industry.
- Requires 3 to 5 years progressive marketing and sales experience to develop expertise in dealing with customer personnel.
- Competency in forecasting, Qlik and Sales Force a plus.
- Can read blue prints and do a takeoff. AutoCAD desirable
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership qualities and be sufficiently skilled in speaking before a group.
- Must maintain a current knowledge of all aspects of sales and marketing through a program of continuing education and self-improvement.
- Key values include integrity, intelligence and initiative.
- Requires proficiency in MS Office and other computer skill sets.
- Results driven, flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Overnight travel 1-2 days per week.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now