- Works closely with all supporting groups including; management, WCM, EHS, Furnace Operations, Grain Plant, and RZ Operations to ensure production needs are achievable.
- Works with Human Resources to understand and interprets company policies for team members as required.
- Ensures that team members are observant and obey safety rules. Responsible for assisting team members with improvements to the work environment that will maintain all safe working conditions. Observes and reports all unsafe conditions. Ensures that the required personal protective equipment is available for all team members and it’s being used as required.
- Works to resolve equipment and system technical or engineering issues as assigned. Constructs and modifies equipment and facility systems as assigned. Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams and equipment specifications.
- Coordinates contractor activity for the plant
- Responsible for the assignment of duties to team members to ensure efficient operations and the ability to meet production commitments. Assigns special and non-routine duties to team members as needed.
- Ensures team members are trained/cross trained appropriately for efficient facility operations. Ensures that team members are updated with instructions, memos, and one point lessons as required.
- Ensures required equipment and tools are in good working condition and calibration dates are in specification.
- Records: Responsible for time and attendance tracking for the department within the facility time keeping system. Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment and production equipment on a scheduled basis or as issued by work order system; inspects and checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts as needed or required. Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures and enter into maintenance system. Maintains records for all maintenance procedures.
- Responsible for equipment repair installs and assembles new equipment and ensures all departments are running efficiently without any unscheduled downtime.
- Assists in the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery, including but not limited to HVAC, building lighting systems, machines, conveyors, transfer systems, ovens/furnaces, grounds keeping, security and overall facility appearance.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests from production areas as required.
- Obtains estimates from suppliers, for supplies, repair parts and/or orders parts as needed.
- Ensures that any licenses needed or required are active and up to date.
- Maintains 5S conditions at all times in the department and ensures walkways are clear of obstructions. Ensures all tools and related equipment are properly stored and are in good working condition.
- Execution of the planned and preventive maintenance schedule as outlined work within the work order. Ensure that maintenance work orders are executed per the related safety and maintenance standards - auditing procedures, writing permits (LOTO, Confined Space, Working from Heights, Hot Work, etc.). This also Includes leading EVE and accident investigations.
- High School Diploma with 2 year technical degree required.
- 6+ years experience in a maintenance position within an industrial environment, where some time has been leading/supervising a group.
- Plant Automation experience on Allen Bradley/Rockwell Products, highly desired.
- Medium Voltage industrial electricity experience required.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Products.
- Proficiency with CMMS.
- Experience with CAD, a plus.
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs or playing a vital role in space exploration. Focusing on the intersection of people, innovation and purpose, Saint-Gobain helps to address the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow – offering employees the opportunity to invent themselves and reshape the world.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now