The primary function of the Logistics Operator is for the unloading of incoming material and loading of customer orders going out for shipment in the warehouse areas. This includes the picking and preparation of packaging for the material going to the customer’s location.
- Picks and prepares customer orders for outbound pick-ups using warehouse management tools and following company procedures such as FIFO.
- Loads materials into trucks and installs padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using forklifts.
- Maintaining effective performance of activities and able to respond to fluctuating workloads and completion of all work orders accurately
- Receives raw materials per procedures and inventory which includes receiving in IMT (SAP) systems
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems such as damages, shortages and non -conformances to specifications.
- Processes documents, scrap authorizations transfers, and shuttling to and from other branches
- Responsible for performing SMATs and/or TFs and be an active participant in all other facility audit, manufacturing and efficiency programs. This includes WCM involvement in projects and/or meetings, as required. Incumbents are responsible for ensuring 5S standards are met and maintained. Incumbent is required to clean, paint, etc. to maintain 5S standards.
- Take direction from Shipping Lead and Logistics Manager
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES (SKILLS & ABILITIES):
High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 1 to 2 years of plant production experience. Ability to maintain accurate records & troubleshoot process. The incumbent must have basic operating knowledge and understanding of computer systems. The ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now