The primary function of the Rewinder position is the operation of the rewinder equipment and core cutter. The incumbent will be responsible for loading and unloading rolls at the rewinder, understanding and operating the rewinder control system, setting cores within product requirements, setting slitters and ensuring they are within specifications, performing start-up of the rewinder by threading, and maintaining the trim systems. At the core cutter, the incumbent will be responsible for safely unloading core trailers and cutting cores for both production lines. The incumbent works closely with the Logistics operator and Quality/Lab operator.
- Operate all re-winder equipment, to include setting of cores and re-winder control system.
- Maintain and keep the hold area empty of defective product.
- Set and cut cores within product requirements.
- Operation and set up of the core cutter machine.
- Set slitters and ensure they are within specifications.
- Understand and maintain Re-Winder Control System.
- Perform start-up of Re-Winder by threading the machine.
- Monitor products and take appropriate actions on all defects to ensure quality.
- Log all pertinent information and data into computer.
- Maintain a properly cleaned area in and around the Re-Winder.
- Perform Visual inspection of finished products.
- Safely unload core trailers
- Cut cores for both production lines based on the production schedules
- Must work in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring quality, production and performance expectations are met.
- Responsible for observing safety precautions at all times and reporting any environmental incidents to their Supervisor.
- Participation and completion of required EH & S training.
- Responsible for performing monthly BBS observations and other audit programs, cleaning, painting, and maintaining 5S system.
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks as specified in the environmental procedures and work instructions.
- Waste must be placed in appropriate designated labeled containers and lid must be properly closed after disposal of waste. Examples of waste are chemical, oily rags, aerosol cans, empty paint cans.
- Responsible for performing SMATs and/or TFs and be an active participant in all other facility audit, manufacturing and efficiency programs. This includes WCM involvement in projects and/or meetings, as required. Incumbents are responsible for ensuring 5S standards are met and maintained. Incumbent is required to clean, paint, etc. to maintain 5S standards.
- The incumbent is responsible for performing assigned duties until properly relieved.
- Performs related miscellaneous work as required, and as instructed by other supervision.
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES (SKILLS & ABILITIES):
High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing experience. The incumbent must have basic operating knowledge and understanding of computer systems, as well as the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now