Remote position, Northeast US- Boston MA preferred
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is tasked with building collaborative partnerships and developing sales of Single-Use Systems within the assigned geography at Biopharmaceutical or Cell Therapy manufacturing companies. The BDM identifies target accounts in his or her territory, establishes and communicates a detailed sales plan. This person is then responsible for selling custom-designed solutions to his or her accounts through a consultative sales process. The BDM tracks project pipeline and effectively communicates on progress and needs to the customer and inside the organization. This position will work closely together with Technical Services Manager in his or her territory as well as Key Account Manager(s), if applicable.
- Manage territory to meet/exceed business goals and objectives in terms of gross sales, margins and new customer acquisition. Identify commercial opportunities in the form of new customers and/or new products, develop strong relationship at target accounts, provide application knowledge, industry expertise, and manages sales activities according to a solutions-selling, disciplined process
- Collaborate with marketing to assist in the development of advertising and promotional programs, telemarketing plans and tradeshow participation necessary to achieve product line sales objectives.
- Collect, analyze and transmit information regarding market evolution, competitors and technology trends
- Work with manufacturing operations to provide accurate and timely information regarding customer demand to support sales and service objectives. Provide periodic forecasts used to anticipate overall sales performance
- BS degree in Engineering or Biotechnology required; Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years selling experience in Life Sciences markets, such as Bioprocessing, or Biotechnology
- Track record of successful new business development
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% as needed
- Technical understanding of biotechnological processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now