The Customer Care Specialist Level 2 (CCS2) is a customer focused, patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative customer advocate. The incumbent will need to be able to seamlessly put themselves in the customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. The CCS2 will serve as the initial point of contact with customers, providing validation within key systems, enter orders and advocate for assigned customers. This role will be the escalation point for Customer issues coming from CCS1 team members. Therefore, the CCS2 needs to be able to coach customers through decisions and issues related to their online ordering experience. The role will require problem-solving and handling mid-level customer account needs. Other key responsibilities include being able to effectively communicate pricing variances, specifications, and key deliverables to customers and internal staff.
Role with require working across manufacturing locations (Hoosick Falls and Granville, NY) for all of Tape Solutions NA. It will involve collaborations with Quality and Product Management, to meet the objectives of our customers. This position may also require up to 15% travel to customer’s locations, trade shows, and key meetings.
- Provide excellent customer service by listening to customers regarding the service we provide and find the best solution for the customer
- Articulate the value proposition to our customers
- Assist mid-level customers as well as some high-value customers with order entry, tracking, and shipping details
- Strategically navigate customers through their lifecycle within our organization and tools
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with customers by phone, email and/or in person to receive orders, cancellations, and changes in product(s) or to clarify needs and requirements
- Communicate changes, delays, requests, etc. to sales representatives, manufacturing team and customers as appropriate
- Train customers in online tools and resources as necessary to meet their needs
- Execute our customer solutions and order management processes
- Implement identified process changes and improvements by ensuring proper training of customer care team members
- Identify problems that might arise from operations with the use of ethical procedures and professional judgment
- Coordinate shipment of product, expediting shipments, arranging pick-up of defective product, etc. with shipping department
- Accurately manage customer inventory, production backlogs, invoices, and other administrative records
- Work in a manufacturing facility and engage with multiple levels of quality, production, product management, and material/scheduling professionals to ensure flawless execution of customer orders and return requests
- Resolve mid-level customer issues with effective problem-solving skills to retain customers
- Refer high dollar complaints to CCS3 as outlined in the escalation process
- Maintain excellent knowledge of our products and services in order to understand the customer’s needs
- Handle complaints concerning billing, product or services rendered, by providing timely solutions to the customer, referring high dollar complaints to correct escalation team members
- Interact with Quality Assurance and work with appropriate departments to identify root cause and corrective action for future improvement to customer experience
- High School Diploma with relevant work experience- Required
-Bachelor's Degree- Preferred
-5-7 years experience with direct customer contact and communication- Required
-1-3 years increased responsibility and leadership rolls- Required
-Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
-Ability to interface across functions and ability to provide solutions on the fly
-Capability to work autonomously at times. Perseverance and the ability to self-regulate are required for this position
-Project management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects/tasks
-Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
About Granville, NY:
Located within rural Washington County in Upstate New York.
Glens Falls/Queensbury, NY- 40 minutes
Saratoga Springs, NY- 50 minutes
Manchester, VT- 30 minutes
Bounded on the east by the Green Mountains of Vermont, the north by Lake Champlain and Lake George, the west by Saratoga Springs and the south by the Capital District.
Many local outdoor recreational opportunities. This includes a recreational trail that runs directly behind the site.
Not accessible by public transportation.
About the Facility:
SG Granville offers solutions for bonding, protection and insulation to the automotive, aerospace, energy, construction, electronics, medical, and general industry sectors. Through the support of our four global research and development centers and our advanced polymer technology expertise, we create innovative solutions that enhance performance in the most extreme environments. Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, we are dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s most extreme and demanding application issues.
For more than 50 years, SG Granville has been a proud member of the community- first as Sandon, then as Norton Company. The site continues to support the community with its philanthropic activities and employee volunteerism.
SG Granville employs around 115 employees over three shifts. We are a five day a week operation. We encourage candidates to apply who are looking for a career and not just a job. With highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, we ensure our employees feel rewarded for their contributions. With low turnover and an average service time of over 15 years there are many employees who have made a long-term commitment to the success of SG Granville.
Candidates are impressed with our starting hourly rates and the earnings potential from merit increases. Yearly bonuses, 401(k) with match, and pension add to the total rewards package.
Finally, the opportunity to live where you work affords employees the opportunity to have a great job and still easily be involved in community/family activities.
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now