Saint-Gobain Research North America is looking for driven, talented, and energetic entry level researchers to join our current team in conducting hands-on laboratory experiments for key development programs. Projects will focus on process and product development activities related to Saint-Gobain extensive product line. As a Senior Research Engineer, the candidate will investigate, research, and develop new technologies to improve processes and products within our business following a Gate process methodology. Phases of development include pilot, scale-up, and implementation of R&D processes into manufacturing.
The candidate will be expected to lead R&D projects in the areas of applications technology and process measurement, collaborate effectively with R&D colleagues, product managers, product engineers, application engineers and external customers, create and execute project plans, design and conduct experiments, analyze data, and present findings in written and oral formats. In addition to the candidate’s primary projects, the candidate will be expected to support projects led by others.
The main job duties will include:
- Extensively utilizes research and/or project experiences and broad expertise of materials, processes, techniques, and products to improve on or develop products, increase performance, or reduce costs, in order to maximize production and/or to support fundamental research within a major product or technology area.
- Stays aware of new technology applications and competitive uses of same in work with materials, products and processes, and in development of new knowledge.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented and within budget to meet business and customer objectives.
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility.
- Seeks out others to enhance and streamline development and decision making.
- Able to communicate technically with internal competencies and university collaborators and utilize knowledge to advance projects and identify productive synergies.
- Requires minimal assistance and guidance on administrative and technical aspects of role.
- The technical assistance required on only the more difficult problems.
- Continuously and reliably carries projects through to completion with little assistance from supervisor.
- Keeps project teams on track with project timeline and budget.
- Major problems and approval for major expenditures are referred to supervisor.
- Understands Gate Process methodology/ideology and utilizes and incorporates it in research projects
- Be able to fill in standard deliverables for project management through interactions with internal contacts outside of R&D
- BS Degree with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience, or MS with 3+ years of experience, or entry level PhD in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical engineering, polymer science / engineering or other related disciplines.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now