Saint-Gobain Research North America is looking for a thoughtful, talented, and experienced researcher to join the CertainTeed Aesthetics Platform. Project work will focus on developing new products to increase performance, maximize production efficiency, reduce costs, or support fundamental understanding of a product or technology related to CertainTeed building products.
The candidate will be expected to lead R&D projects related to building material aesthetics, which include developing new materials, coatings, forming processes and analysis tools. The researcher will collaborate effectively with R&D colleagues, designers, plant operations and product managers to create and execute project plans, design and conduct experiments, analyze data, and present findings in written and oral formats. The candidate is also expected to play a role in proposing projects and programs vital to the R&D direction of the group. In addition to the candidate’s primary projects, the candidate will be expected to support projects led by others
- Experience with materials formulation and materials processing, especially with coatings, composites, and polymers. Also has experience with imaging methods, image analysis, and coding skills. Knowledge of building materials is a plus.
- Excellent communicator who can communicate to all levels within the organization, both technical and non-technical.
Project Management skills:
- Leads or participates in projects with interdisciplinary teams, including designers, product managers, operations and other engineering disciplines.
- Continuously and reliably carries projects through to completion with little assistance from supervisor.
- Demonstrates ability to network within and out of group
- Seeks out others to enhance and streamline development and decision making.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, on-time, well documented and within budget to meet business and customer objectives.
- Manages project members directly or indirectly. May supervise technicians or engineers as direct reports.
- Excellent listener who works with the customer in mind.
- Demonstrates ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
BS Degree with a minimum of 12+ years’ experience, or MS with 7+ years of experience, or PhD with 3+ years plus demonstrated technical judgment/accomplishments in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or other related disciplines.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now