This position has complete management responsibility for the operation of the Dublin, GA facilities of Saint-Gobain ADFORS Americas.
Additionally, the incumbent acts as the Administrator for all facility buildings, and his relationship with the City of Dublin, GA.
The position is responsible for planning and directing all plant activities such as production scheduling, purchasing of raw materials, plant operation and maintenance, appropriate staffing, controlling product cost, assuring quality and shipping finished goods.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the achievement and improvement of the operation gross margin (R30). She/he is also required for daily performance, as well as implementing means to assure that production is made on-time and with the expected quality and cost. Responsibility includes profit/loss and balance sheet results, strategic planning, and management of financial, quality and manufacturing aspects of the operation.
Responsible for the implementation and execution of policies, procedures and internal controls in accordance with corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles. This responsibility includes the development, implementation, maintenance, and auditing of all financial systems which impact the Plant financial records. Directly responsible for the management of a highly reliable, integrated financial information system, which is responsive to the changing financial reporting, and management needs of the organization. Maintains on-going effective relationships.
The incumbent must provide overall strategy and programs for manufacturing, product warehousing and shipping, and is also responsible for compliance with government and corporate policies regarding equal opportunity, legal and EHS matters.
Background and Skills
- BS Degree in a Technical Field (Engineering, Operations Management, Finance) or equivalent is required. Master’s degree is preferred
- 7+ years manufacturing experience in textile industry required
- Familiarity with engineering systems, best manufacturing practices, warehousing, logistics and a proven track record of relevant successes in improving the cost of manufacturing and working through others.
- Strong knowledge and ability to carry technical responsibility for the plant within several quality control specialties with a working knowledge of others required. These specialties may be sampling theory, statistical testing, quality control cost reporting or others.
- Analytical skills, mechanical aptitude, and communication skills are a necessity, as well as knowledge of Six Sigma, lean manufacturing and world class manufacturing concepts, previous auditing experience, and leadership and facilitation of problem solving group activities.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and 14001 is required.
- The incumbent must possess strong organizational skills, as well as be thorough detail-oriented and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Extensive proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license for business travel, approximately 10% of the time.
Principle End Results
- Safety, Environment & Health: Provide a safe work environment, comply with EHS corporate policy and government regulations, and promote the involvement of all employees on EHS matters. Assure a suitable safety program is in place which safeguards employees while at work and assure that all operations are handled under appropriate EHS norms.
- Production, Productivity and Cost: Use reliable metrics to identify and improve deficient areas. Systematically review operations to eliminate or improve unprofitable activities. Develop and execute the strategic plan to achieve profitable business growth and assurance of gross manufacturing results (R30). Focus on standard cost improvement and reduction of technical variances, daily control of plant expenses, improvement of efficiencies, assets utilization and inventory control. Promote innovation to reduce costs. Monitor the plant to ensure that it efficiently and effectively provide needed product and services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Finance: Ensures the integrity of the financial data reported meets Corporate and local requirements to support pertinent financial and business decisions, have familiarity with international accounting standards, as well as meeting outside financial standards. Timely and accurate reporting of all revenues and expenses and the proliferation of such data that the Director, Finance and/or Business Unit Controller may deem necessary. In addition, ensures that these systems meet internal and external financial control guidelines. Participates in external and internal audits and control reviews to the extent required to ensure the integrity of data impacting the financial status of the plant.
- Product Quality: To implement manufacturing practices and control measures that continuously improves product quality and reduces variability. Promote and maintain the Quality policy, continuous improvement programs and ISO program certification.
- Team Management: Motivate, organize and encourage the workforce to ensure targets are met. Foster a team environment, where employees are respected and recognized for their achievements. Assure that good and candid communication is a common practice and that each individual understands how their contribution helps the achievement of company goals and strategy. Develop managerial, supervisory and other talents necessary to achieve short and long-range objectives. Maintain an effective organization through direction, counselling, training, compensation and motivation of all employees.
- Direct, coordinate and achieve target results on all activities related to warehousing, shipping and invoicing of goods: safe receipt and product handling, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods. Set correct levels of inventories on phases of the process.
- Service: Communicate with customers to monitor the quality of the product and service they are receiving. Understand their needs, measure performance against it and implement solutions to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Human Resources: Staff management, salary and benefits, facility policies and employee appraisal systems. Determine staffing requirements, and oversee interviewing, hiring and training new employee processes.
- Prepare investment plan and submit to the appreciation of the senior management, caring for the pay-back and following the correct execution of such investments. Watch over the conditions of the industry, assuring adequate equipment and that overall production capacity remains competitive.
- Interface with the General Manager, and other instances of the organization to communicate results, incidents, projects and plans, as well as to assure the business unit's requirements for capital and other corporate support are provided.
ADFORS belongs to the Saint-Gobain group, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection for over 350 years.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe diversity is a competitive advantage. Diversity of gender, background, ethnicity, experience and thought all enable us to develop solutions that are smarter, clearer and more effective.
Focused on the construction and industrial markets, ADFORS offers solutions based on a complete range of textile and coating technologies using fiberglass yarns and synthetic fibers. ADFORS is the reliable and innovative global leader in technical textiles, offering the most adapted solutions to meet your needs.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now