Responsible for preventative maintenance tasks on industrial machinery and to maintain industrial equipment as necessary. Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and make repairs safely to restore the machine to the proper operating condition. Must adhere to all company safety policies and JSA’s while performing tasks and at all times when on the premises.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Inspect non-operational equipment for component wear
• Replace worn or faulty components that are hindering the equipment from operating efficiently
• Fabricate and rebuild the components to be used on the equipment in the plant
• Troubleshoot mechanical problems throughout the process
• Read and interpret blueprint and layout instructions
• Knowledge and understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic theory
• Basic electrical knowledge and adequate skills to understand various plant processes
• Perform welding and cutting functions in a safe and efficient manner
• Perform daily activities needed to support and comply with requirements surrounding plant maintenance activities
• Must be able to dismantle and repair auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors, and pipe systems
• Read and understand blueprints, schematics, and O&M manuals
• Fabricate machine parts for repair of the manufacturing lines
Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of CertainTeed and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily maintenance assignments as well as special improvement and continuous improvement projects.
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES (SKILLS & ABILITIES): High School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience and successfully pass a skills test that is intended to determine mechanical skills and knowledge of basic electricity, A/C and 3 phase circuits, hydraulics, pneumatics, and instrumentation. Proficient in SAP and computer skills.
CERTAINTEED VALUES: (excerpted from the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, & Objectives)
An absolute commitment to safety; trust, respect and integrity; respect for the environment; dedication to quality, service and customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; empowerment with accountability; teamwork and collaboration; progress through people.
This information outlines the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained. At any time, employees may be required to perform any other duties within this or a lower-level job upon the request of the supervisor. On occasion, employees may also be required to perform higher-level duties.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now