Looking for a GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
Look no further!
Saint-Gobain is a Global Top Employer.
Our team in Wayne, NJ is looking for a
Sorting Machine Operator
Hours are 5:30am - 2:00pm Monday through Friday.
Operate all machines in sorting department (wash, tumble, bowl feed, CINDY) according to SOP’s and work instructions.
- Wash, tumble, pack, and transport product according to SOP’s, work instructions, and/or special instructions from the supervisor or lead.
- Communicate and cooperate with fellow employees to maintain quality, operational efficiency and safety.
- Move materials and products to appropriate areas.
- Clean and maintain machinery, tools, and work area as scheduled or as needed.
- Verify counts using appropriate measuring devices.
- Maintain necessary records as required by SOP’s and work instructions.
- Visually observe, troubleshoot, and report non-conformance condition (either product or process) to supervisor, or manager as required.
- Participate in self-development and training of others.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed by supervisor or lead.
- Exhibits safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Understand all environmental policies and significant environmental impact of job activities in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard
- Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Basic command of the English language, written and verbal.
- Able to read and follow SOP’s, labels and instructions.
- Demonstrated mathematical and mechanical abilities.
- Computer skills necessary to fulfill the department requirements.
- Self motivated worker, able to make independent decisions and set priorities.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Able to bend and twist frequently.
Our commitment to being a Great Place to Work is a strong one. We encourage and foster our employees to be engaged through their participation in various committees/ teams. These teams help build a relationship between employees; they bring together employees from different shifts, different departments, and different career levels and promotes a culture of unity and pride. In an environment of listening, caring, developing, thanking and inspiring, the Saint-Gobain Wayne Plant IS a Great Place to Work
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now