Saint-Gobain’s North American R&D center is looking for driven, talented, and experienced R&D engineer to join our CertainTeed R&D Platforms team in leading and executing technical work to advance the team mission of creating new business through new product and service development. Projects will focus on process and product development activities related to CertainTeed’s extensive product line as well as new business areas.
Under the direction of the group leader, the Principal Scientist will work closely with the team to drive all aspects of the development process including conceptualizing, digital modeling, prototyping, analysis (physical and simulation), presenting to customers and colleagues, researching manufacturing techniques, go-to-market implementation, and manufacturing support. In addition to the candidate’s primary projects, the candidate will be expected to support projects led by others.
- Extensively utilizes research and experience to develop new products and processes to increase performance or advance fundamental research within a major product or technology area.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented and within budget to meet business and customer objectives.
- Seeks out others to enhance and streamline development and decision making.
- Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience including but not limited to: demonstration of familiarity with statistical tools, data analysis, and drawing conclusions based on a collection of basic data and interpretation.
- Project leadership including project management, team collaboration, and oral and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge in HSE.
- Incumbent demonstrates ability to work with colleagues at various levels.
- Develop understanding of company policies and corporate structure
- Respectful communication and ability to collaborate in a team environment required.
- BS Degree with a minimum of 15+ years’ experience, or MS with 10+ years of experience, or PhD with 6+ years plus demonstrated technical judgment/accomplishments in Mechanical Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- 6+ years of hands on experience with manufacturing processes/equipment in an industrial or research setting.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now