The R&D Manager for Innovation would provide leadership to Platform teams responsible for the design and development of innovative and market-leading products. Working in collaboration with the Product Management, Operations, Quality, Sales, Purchasing and Supply-Chain, drive business success through delivering on Strategic Business priorities, Multi-Generation Product Plans and enriched Innovation Pipeline.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for managing Sidings Innovation Platform to drive tighter integration between R&D, Product Management, Procurement and Product Portfolio Strategy for successful launches;
- Responsible for people development and holding direct reports and projects teams accountable; Takes lead in the hiring and staffing of the teams - ensuring that we hire strong skills, both technical and leadership; Partner closely with Capability Leaders on Resource Allocation, Prioritization and Technical rigor
- Establish Function/Capability within SPG Project Management Office to guide and manage robust NPD pipeline through Stage-Gates; Drive Project Management discipline
- Lead Front-End-Innovation process building upon foundational insights, customized research, deep knowledge of technology advancements, and trends in the marketplace – Manage feeder pipeline to NPD and IP Portfolio
- Responsible for broader reach into OEM market to understand emerging capabilities and innovative/ differentiated new products and selection of strategic supplier partners for co-development
- Accountable – Launch-readiness/Post-launch audits, Capture Learnings/ Customer feedback, NPD Metrics, NPDLT communication, IMS management
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility; timely manages multiple projects simultaneously, captures and shares learning via good documentation
- Stays aware of new technology applications, technology landscape and competitive uses of same in work with materials, products and processes; Able to communicate with internal competencies and external/university collaborators and utilize knowledge to advance projects and identify productive synergies
- Works with key IP Attorney and key business leadership to ensure the strategic management of the IP portfolio
- A BS degree in Engineering, Marketing, or Business Management, and 15+ years of experience or a MS degree and 10+ years of experience, or a PhD and 6+ years of experience
- PMP certification a plus
- Extensive experience in Product Management and NPD/Launches for Building & Construction Products
- Broad-based knowledge of Sidings manufacturing processes (Injection Molding, Extrusion etc.), Materials (Thermoplastic/Thermoset/ Cementitious), and Technologies
- Effectively leads cross-functional teams by managing (directly and/or indirectly) others to execute and deliver project objectives.
- Manages a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented and within budget to meet business and customer objectives
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, planning and organization abilities. Should be able to interpret syndicated market data and research, and recommend appropriate actions.
- Excellent project management skills including problem solving and analytical skills across a wide range of business issues (e.g. markets, competition, business models, operations, and supply-chain)
- Demonstrated strong knowledge in Safety and IP
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now