CertainTeed Canada, Inc., a division of Saint-Gobain, has an exciting career opportunity for an Architectural Solutions Manager. This role will have direct impact on our business, as the primary goal will be to expand and accelerate sales of CertainTeed products and systems through the adoption of innovative, value-added solutions.
This is a great chance to join a Top Employer and contribute to our growth and success by providing fast and sufficient support to our Canadian business.
Here’s what we do…
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain -- the world’s largest building materials company with a 350-year legacy of innovation and growth. Saint Gobain group is a leader in sustainable product development and environmental stewardship. We’re proud that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as one the best workplaces in North America.
For 113 years, CertainTeed has been synonymous with quality, trust, innovation, and service. Our team designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. We provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. CertainTeed’s broad product offering includes insulation, ceilings, roofing, siding, fence, railing, deck exterior trim and gypsum board products
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for in this role.
- The successful candidate will work connect and collaborate daily to drive CertainTeed Canada forward, by working alongside a commercial team of colleagues, technical leads, marketing and sales managers who are working together to make a difference in our organization. The sales team in our organization steers our product offerings and will focus on winning at every stage of the project by leveraging Building Science, R&D and similar CertainTeed and Saint-Gobain products and programs.
Account Management and Project Pipeline Growth in the Commercial Segment: Meet & Exceed sales & growth target by:
- Identifying and developing accounts and plans in key markets with early-stage influence over multiple projects.
- Develop solutions/service-based relationship to influence and enhance the design, construction and utilization of current and future projects.
- Must identify & qualify projects early in the design phase with multi-product solutions for the projects, this will require research and assessment of potential construction activities and profitable projects
- Work closely with Key Project Stakeholders (Developers, Owner, Project Architects/Designers, key Contractors, Specifiers, Construction Managers, Facilities Managers, etc.) to create unique and differentiated solutions for high end commercial and residential projects
- Providing on-site solutions to installers/end-users for product applications.
- Deliver presentations to diverse audiences up to and including higher level decision makers to position Saint-Gobain as a leader in solution development and sustainability
- Identify territory/regional requirements (Building codes, Sustainability requirements, etc.) and provide resources to support these requirements across CertainTeed and Saint-Gobain products.
- Secure specifications for Value Added Products (VAP) and increase project closing rate in both the residential and commercial sectors
- Engage in training and utilize internal relationships to develop strong solutions-focused knowledge.
- Maintain and develop expertise about new technologies, competitive information and market trends. Gather and summarize VOC for use in marketing, product development and other strategic areas.
- Act as Commercial contact for IPG (Interior Products Group) leads within territory. Holding and facilitating regular meetings and interactions across all Saint-Gobain businesses, especially EPG (Exterior Products Group) and Glass.
- Using CRM or similar project tracking tools capture and maintain comprehensive information for the accounts and projects
*this position is a home office based position and spends a large majority of the time in the field however due to Covid-19we have adjusted our plan to ensure the safety of our employees and customers
Here is what’s important to have to apply:
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in architectural technology or building science, marketing or similar discipline or equivalent experience , combined with five years of equivalent experience in a previous technical sales position.
- Track record of building strong customer relationship and growing the business year over year
- Negotiating and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills with good written and oral communication
- Knowledge of building materials and construction processes.
- Certified Technical Representative (CTR) by Construction Specifications Canada (CSC) is an asset
- Knowledge of building codes and product standards.
- Mastery of the office suite and use of CRM
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings and specifications
To learn more about us visit www.certainteed.ca Apply Now