The Commercial Territory Manager (TM) for CertainTeed Exterior Product Group is responsible for the sales growth of CertainTeed’s (CT) portfolio of Commercial Roofing products and systems, generating sustained demand and positioning of CT as the preferred choice amongst architects, builders, contractors, and distribution customer audiences.
In this role, the TM will have concentration on new market development and account management activities within the following areas of Southern California and Nevada: San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, Indio, and Clark County, Nevada.
- Works collaboratively with Strategic Account Managers and Sales Managers to deliver sales growth and sustained demand.
- Meets or exceeds Performance Objectives and Incentive Sales Goals as determined by management.
- Achieves specifications for Value Added Products (VAP) and increase project closing rate in the commercial markets place.
- Develops and implements territory strategy consistent with the overall business to maximize quality / effectiveness and quantity of sales calls.
- Calls on commercial end-users, contractors, builders, architects/specifiers, and homebuilders and property management companies, creating a “pull-through” demand, subsequently working with distribution customers to close related sales.
- Provides technical support to all customer audiences and establishes creditability as a solutions oriented industry expert.
- Preforms market sensing functions, reports on customer needs and market intelligence and trends.
- Develops and maintains business plans within the market. Identifies, qualifies and develops new account prospects consistent with overall company strategy.
- Participates in and promotes CT’s “Building Solutions” program to support cross-business unit growth.
- Participates in formalized training programs to continually improve professional selling and technical competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years outside sales / territory management experience required.
- Strong preference for prior experience within the construction materials segment. Roofing experience is strong plus
- Knowledge of commercial and residential construction practices
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build quality relationships through networking
- Good interpersonal, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills with good written and oral communication
- Fluency in Spanish (conversational) is preferred, but not required
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com Apply Now