If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
As the Life Science lead of Project Management you will excel in leading and supporting business wide strategic projects within the Life Science (LS) US organization.
In a highly agile and empowered environment, you will both manage key projects and ensure that success of other projects across the organization. Our external and internal customers rely on timely and efficient project planning, execution and status reports.
As Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. This role provides a single point of accountability for all aspects of assigned projects and the project management system used in the LS OPS organization.
The role splits in the following key areas:
- Hands-on Project Management of assigned key project(s)
- Train others in the best practices of project management
- Supporting, guiding, coaching other project manager to be successful in leading their assigned projects; guide & supporting others on projects
- Active leadership and organization in post project phases to define the project business cases (DAC phase) & Project justification support
- Setup and implementation of global project mgt. standards for the Operations (OPS) organization and cooperative alignment of the standards with other LS departments like Application Eng., R+D, and Operational R+D (MT&I)
- Drive the LS OPS organization in Project Management In the so called Innovation pillar format which involves experts from different sites supporting on the journey.
- Seek, adjust and integrate modern Project Management approaches like scrum or other agile approaches, methods and principles to support our project management needs in the fast changing VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity).
- Also utilizing & standardizing the available Saint-Gobain internal available PM systems i.e. EEM (Early Equipment Management) the
- Explore, standardize and integrate project management systems
- Share best practices with other LS department, other Saint-Gobain business unites and outside Saint-Gobain.
In Life Science Operation, the following types of projects. The different project types may need different project management approached, methods and systems. For all of the different project types our important quality validation standards (IQ, OQ, PQ) especially for machine and equipment projects need to be integrated.
Part of the role and expertise scope:
- Greenfield and plant expansions, including clean rooms
- Key machine & equipment investments (CAPEX Projects) >$250k or highly crucial for business success or reduction of risk
- Organization development projects i.e. implementation of value streams, Focus factories
- IT Software implementation Projects
Highy likely to be involved in the PM system definition, training and coaching:
- Operational R+D (MT&I) projects
Potentially being involved in the PM system definition, training and coaching:
- Application Engineering project (New Product Introduction)
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with steering committee, project sponsor and other stakeholders
- Depending on size of project prepare and hold defined project Start up workshop to establish, timeline, work packages, resource needs and project team alignment and commitment.
- Assign clear role and responsibility to the team
- Drive or assist teams within maintaining focus on project success throughout the delivery cycle.
- Effectively communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, continuously manage objectives, and hold project team members accountable for delivery.
- Lead the project execution and delivery and help project teams maintain an overall project vision with supporting project plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies, critical path items, and project risks.
- Support formulation and implementation of project management standards. Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Develop and advocate best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Support formulation and implementation of project management and EEM training.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential roadblocks, and devise contingency plans.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders. Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholder including issue/action item logs, project status, and risks.
- Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
In order to be successful for the job, the project leader needs to be a quick learner to deliver significant results, and be an excellent communicator with different functions and levels in the organization to collect all the required input and drive the team to the best possible outcomes. The role owner should also be open minded, open to discussion to hear different opinions and be able to propose the best solutions.
The ability to explore new PM approaches and system, adapt them and integrate then in our day to day project management is key.
Bachelor's Degree, within related araa of study (i.e. Industrial, Process or Mechanical Engineering, Organizational Development, Change Management, etc.); Required.
Master's Degree, Preferred.
Professional Certification(s) in relevant areas (i.e. Project Management, Change management, Project Team building and Leadership); Requried.
Travel: Ability to travel on average 20%, but upwards of 75% (for training, company events, and or project kick-offs and/or key implementations.)
7+ years of Project Management Experience within complex,matrixed or multi-business environment, working with cross-functional teams on key projects (i.e. Expansions, Greenfields, Machine Capex, etc.); Required.
3+ years of experience with Agil Project Management Approaches (scrum or design thinking, including the application of an industrial framework.); Preferred.
5+ years of Continuous Imrovement (Kaizen) projects, utilizing applications of CIP methods, tools within manufacturing environment; Preferred.
3+ years of Multi-Site/Systems Roll-Out, with greaterthan 7 locations; Preferred.
3+ years leading projects in control-environments like BioPharma, Medical or similar, working with validation standards; Preferred.
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now