CertainTeed Siding is looking for a Technical Service Representative to assist the Warranty & Technical Services Department in Jackson, MI. This person will be responsible for processing warranty claims, product complaints, and problems reported to the department. Processing is inclusive of significant call center functions (answering incoming and making outbound calls), analysis/evaluation of appropriate claim documents and samples, updating claims tracking system, and resolution/follow-up involving either written or verbal communication. The Technical Service Representative also responds to inquiries about products, codes, installation, etc. from homeowners, contractors, distributors, architects, etc. Internal services include product knowledge and problem solving advice to sales support department, sales representatives, quality control, Technical Center and plant. They are responsible for notification of potential problems and situations to appropriate people and departments. This position also maintains internal claims records and files in addition to scheduling field inspections, as needed. The Technical Service Representative reports to the Technical Service Supervisor.
- Handle a considerable volume of calls from current or potential customers (customers include homeowners, contractors, distributors, architects, sales reps, etc.).
- Receive incoming calls from external or internal customers regarding warranty claims.
- Make outbound calls on behalf of the company or customer to gather additional claim information.
- Respond to basic inquiry calls about products, codes, installation, etc.
- Receive, research, document and process warranty claims (from notification to close) including opening mail, date stamping and distributing for processing.
- Request photographs, samples and documentation showing the claimed problem.
- Handle physical product samples including but not limited to: clean samples, test fade samples, review manufacturing samples, box up samples to be shipped/returned to customers, plant personal or Quality Control via USPS/FedEx/UPS, etc.
- Evaluate/review physical documentation of claim photos, invoices and other documents to gain clarity/details for claim processing.
- Collaborate/coordinate with co-workers, department management, quality control, sales, etc. to facilitate the resolution of warranty claims.
- Initiate and complete claim forms, along with verbal and written communication to customers.
- Determine and communicate final claim resolution to all involved customers.
- Update claims tracking system with all claim activity (from notification to close).
- Provide technical support and assistance to Sales, Sales Support, Marketing, Research & Product Development, Quality, Legal Department and Manufacturing.
- Provide direction, support and mentorship to Warranty & Technical Services
- Installation seminars, when required, to insure proper installation techniques are learned and used with our products.
- Monitor claims to keep files current and accurate.
- Provide claim details for audits, as requested.
- Coordinate field inspections with CS Field Reps/Supervisor, when applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or at least 3 years of related experience in in a technical, customer service or warranty/claims processing related position.
- At least 1 year of experience at a Consumer Services Office Rep I level.
- Prior to Technical Service Rep level, at least 3 years in a technical, customer service or warranty/claims processing related position.
- Possess strong analytical skills and a commitment to details.
- Ability to stay focused and positive with a calm demeanor in stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a dynamic environment according to department or company objectives.
- Ability to exercise tact and understanding when speaking with customers.
- Ability to communicate competently and respectfully with co-workers in office and remote/other locations.
- Proficient in utilizing software including Microsoft Office.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing and varying work requirements.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now