Saint-Gobain’s North American R&D center is looking for driven, talented, and energetic entry level researchers to join our current team in conducting hands-on laboratory experiments for key development programs. Projects will focus on advanced ceramic process and product development activities related to applications utilizing electrochemical, thermal, and mechanical properties. Phases of development include material science research, process development and the implementation of this R&D work into pilot scale manufacturing. The selected candidate will be joining the Ceramic Processing group based at the Saint-Gobain Research North America site (MA, USA).
- Entry level position of a professional research engineer.
- Utilizes basic scientific or engineering principles and techniques to undertake specific tasks and projects with defined scope.
- Supports senior engineers and scientists in R&D team with their projects.
- Executes and/or supports commercial and manufacturing support requests.
- Manages and documents projects and tasks effectively with supervision.
- Plays leading role in lab management: safety aspects, equipment maintenance, 5S, lab audit preparation and action follow-up, lab postings, regular equipment checks etc.
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility.
- Conducts hands-on experimental work.
- Seeks out others to enhance and streamline development and decision making.
- Project management skills, team collaboration, and oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience including but not limited to: demonstration of hands-on experimental work, familiarity with statistical tools, data analysis, and drawing conclusions based on a collection of data and interpretation.
- Strong organization and attention to details.
- Autonomous execution is expected.
- Demonstrated adequate knowledge in HSE.
- Incumbent demonstrates ability to work with colleagues at various levels.
- Respectful communication and ability to collaborate in a team environment required.
- Develop ability to network within and outside of group.
- BS Degree Materials Science and Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or other relevant Engineering degree
- Co-op or intern experience a plus.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now