Performs routine manufacturing tasks for new or existing products according to standardized procedures and/or established work instructions. Specific activities include basic and routine aspects of producing catalyst carriers at the pilot plant and plant level scale. Required to maintain a clean work area and be knowledgeable of and adheres to all established environmental, health and safety procedures and policies.
The incumbent will be required to work 12-hour shifts Monday through Friday, rotating in one or two month blocks between day and night shifts.
- Production and pilot scale activities focused on weighing, mixing, forming, drying, firing during the manufacturing process while maintaining accurate written/electronic documentation of the process. Includes submitting samples in ERP quality system, testing the samples, shipping to customers.
- Perform simple, routine maintenance functions with some supervision on machinery not requiring the specialized knowledge of an electrician or mechanic.
- Maintaining a clean work area by sweeping, painting, cleaning and organizing the work place via the principles of 5S.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; some post high school education in a technical school or college preferred.
- One-year work experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, communicate effectively within work group.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills including email (MS Outlook preferred).
- Mechanical aptitude desired.
- While performing functions of this job the employee is frequently required to reach, grasp, finger, stand for long periods of time, walk, talk and listen. Must be able to shift/move/lift raw materials and wear required PPE (i.e. respirator, hearing protection, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, face mask, and head protection) and work in a hot workplace.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now