SAGE is all about its people, its products and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
Saint-Gobain SageGlass is looking for a Strategic Account Manager who will be accountable for achieving/exceeding objectives for targeted strategic corporate and developer accounts. In this role you will serve as key contact with customers to develop and establish productive relationships with decision-makers, influencing them by using selling skills to discover/diagnose their needs, and deliver world-class solutions.
- Identifies, discovers, develops and grows strategic accounts in national market.
- Build top level relationship to push for account wide specification and sales
- Develops and executes business plan for new and existing accounts;
- Provides insight into new trends and modes of work that will make a case for change or help customers realize a need (demand generation).
- Guides strategy for assigned accounts to achieve volume goals through the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with select customers, ensuring long-term customer satisfaction.
- Builds and maintains key relationships, presenting a positive image of SAGE and Saint-Gobain in the marketplace.
- Networks and manages communication between Leadership, Inside and Field Sales, Marketing, and other stakeholders.
- Protects the account from the competition by understanding the competitions' position and strategies.
- Conducts all sales activities and processes within the parameters of SAGE and Saint Gobain processes by strategically utilizing corporately-provided tools/resources.
- Keeps current with the account through research to identify possible trigger events to penetrate the account.
- Responds to and supports opportunities within the account.
- Manages Customer Relationship Management (CRM) information appropriately, provides timely reporting as needed
- Work with marketing to create playbook using vertical specific criteria, collateral including case studies
- Hand off to sales when a specific project is identified and continue to work jointly to negotiate the deal
- Participate in national/regional/local conferences, trade shows, and conventions
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, or related field.
- 10+ years selling and account management experience
- Selling skills, e.g., account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation and contracts, as well as the ability to think strategically and execute tactics.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication ability with strong emphasis on listening and can deal with a wide range of audience from C-Suite/project owners to construction trades,
- Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Strong team player who must be an assertive, self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent SAGE and Saint Gobain in a professional manner in order to gain a high level of confidence from a diverse group of customers.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of the organization, and able to build long-term effective relationships with customers/partners.
- Must have a love for new ideas and a passion for the sales process, with an understanding of its foundations, actively seeking opportunities, calculating risks, and committing to action.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the SAGE and Saint Gobain office environment.
- Experience in or selling to commercial real estate/building materials/construction industry strongly preferred
- >50% overnight travel on average with a majority of the travel to be conducted within NA
- Travel to national conventions and conferences also required
- This is a remote position. Candidates should be based in the continental United States in a major metro area with access to airport for frequent travel.
- Frequent travel to Faribault, MN for sales meetings, customer tours, etc.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation and bonus plan
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Company funded Retirement Accumulation Plan (Pension)
- Paid Time Off
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now