Saint-Gobain Research North America is looking for an experienced Laboratory Manager to join our growing Life Sciences Laboratory team located on the campus of the University of Massachusetts Science Park in Worcester, MA. This new facility is dedicated to the research of cell and material interactions for designing and optimizing single-use systems for cell and gene therapies.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for maintaining technical and operational performance of the laboratory and support projects related to cell therapy manufacturing. In this role, the team member will resolve technical issues within the laboratory, utilize good documentation practices and conduct hands-on experiments with primary human cells for cell therapy application testing.
Saint-Gobain produces a variety of single-use products for advanced cell and gene therapies, applying our deep experience in material science and engineering to immunotherapy and other fields. Activities will focus on process and product development projects related to Saint-Gobain’s extensive bioprocessing product line. In addition to playing a central role in lab maintenance, the new team member will design experimental plans with guidance, execute experiments, analyze data, generate laboratory protocols, and contribute to technical reports and product summaries.
- Ensures instruments and equipment in the lab are functioning properly and maintained by performing or arranging scheduled maintenance in a timely manner
- Generate and maintain proper SOPs within the laboratory to maintain controlled BSL-2 compliant environment
- Utilizes basic scientific or engineering principles and techniques to support Life Sciences projects focused on cell culture and processing strategies for cell therapy applications
- Supports senior engineers and scientists in R&D team with their projects
- Experience with aseptic technique, isolation and culture of primary human cells in vitro experience preferred
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility
- BS Degree with 3 year’s expereince or Masters in Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other relevant Science or Engineering degree
- Experience with cell culture processes/equipment in an industrial or research setting.
- Experience with lab equipment maintenance and facilities support
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now