SageGlass is all about its people, its products and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
SageGlass is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer as a key contributor to the product development group, working closely with a group of electrical, mechanical and other software engineers to design and support control systems for electrochromic glass. The applicable software products include both internal applications and end-user products, and include a variety of platforms including PC-based, web-based, embedded and mobile devices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop new functionality for and maintain existing SageGlass user facing web-applications
- Provide lead engineer duties on projects as needed
- Assist in forward looking requirements and system architecture designs
- Interface and provide guidance to the test team for the test plan creation
- Maintain and manage schedules for assigned tasks
- Provide mentoring to other software development team members
- A degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience, with a minimum of three years of experience developing web based software using Java Script
- Experience with back-end/server side of web development
- Database experience and its integration within a web-application
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with communication concepts and protocols including HTTP/HTTPS, TCP/IP, JSON
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
Additional Applicable Skills:
- Fantom programming
- .NET prorgramming
- Linux, including configuration and shell scripting
- Agile development
- Version control such as Git
- C# and/or VB.net programming
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. SageGlass offers all of the above and more! If hired you can expect...
- Strong compensation and bonus plan
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Company funded Retirement Accumulation Plan (Pension)
- Paid Time Off
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Amazing culture
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now