The Research Technician performs moderately complex activities and/or product development activities under supervision. He/she works with engineers and customers in solving related problems. In addition, this position may also assist in performing advanced specialized technical functions involving testing, analyzing, improving, installing, operating and/or solving problems concerning complex processes, equipment and products for assigned areas.
- Assist in performing complex and specialized operations on a variety of machines and a variety of materials including metals, polymers and ceramics, under supervision. The candidate should have experience in setting up and operating various types of equipment such as complex assembly, processing, or test equipment with pre-existing CN/CNC & PLC programs. This job will involve working with engineers in the Grinding & Finishing Technology group, interacting with internal customers
- Conduct experiments as assigned in the areas of finishing, grinding, machining, tribology and metrology according to standard operating procedures (SOPs), or other specific instruction. Work with project leaders to develop new test methods, to improve existing techniques and to update and create SOPs.
- Use electronic data acquisition and metrology tools, such as micrometers and surface profileometer, to collect process information. Record test and measurement data in accordance with group policy.
- Maintain laboratory equipment including set-up, operation and trouble shooting of experimental equipment or instruments. Assist troubleshooting initiatives and machine repair efforts. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as required.
Technical High school graduate, or demonstrated equivalent with 1-5 years’ of demonstrated experience. Must have work experience with various equipment such as complex assembly and processing or test equipment with CN/CNC & PLC controls, and/or lathes, milling machines, grinders and other finishing machines. Must have the ability to read blue prints.
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft products including Excel is essential.
- Must have the ability to maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
- The successful candidate will have a history of continuously improving operations in his/her areas of responsibility, as well as cross-training and flexibility to meet changing team needs.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now