Are you a passionate researcher looking for a company with an outstanding record of achievement; a company committed to growth through the development of proprietary products based on novel materials and process technologies? If you answered yes, then look no further. Saint-Gobain’s North American R&D center is looking for driven, talented, and energetic entry level researchers to join our current team in conducting hands-on laboratory experiments for key development programs. Projects will focus on process and product development activities related to Saint-Gobain extensive product line. Phases of development include pilot, scale-up, and implementation of R&D processes into manufacturing.
- A BS, MS or PhD in material science, polymer chemistry, ceramics or a related field.
- Previous industrial experience, process scale-up, manufacturing and application knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to design experiments, develop and support pilot scale processes and ensure correlation of pilot processes into manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the transition of new product concepts into product development and the associated processes through prototype design, and qualification of new products for commercialization.
- Working in a matrix organization, the candidate will be able to communicate and interact effectively with a range of people including business, manufacturing, and research managers, process engineers, R&D engineers, technicians, and operators.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work well on both large Research and Development Teams as well as independently.
- Analysis and characterization of structure/property relationships in finished products, with rigorous attention to detail.
- Document accomplishments in clear and coherent technical reports and presentations.
- A creative problem-solving with a hands-on approach to product development.
- Industrial experience and training with the proper and safe handling of chemicals and operation of equipment.
Depending on the type of position the additional requirements are:
- Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience including but not limited to: demonstration of familiarity with statistical tools, data analysis, and drawing conclusions based on a collection of basic data and interpretation.
- A successful candidate will have a strong commitment to teamwork with excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work well on a large R&D Team.
- Demonstrated project leadership including project management and team collaboration
- Must be highly motivated and able to work under very limited guidance with the utmost precision and care.
- The candidate will actively support a culture of safety by being a personal example and by encouraging, empowering, and involving all staff in safety.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now