Responsible for providing a high level of ownership, direction, and guidance of the Warehouse / Shipping / Receiving / Material Handling / Kitting teams to ensure accurate planning, execution, and monitoring of the daily operations in the respective department(s). Maintain a focus on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Morale, Environmental, and Labor Efficiency in compliance with the Quality Policy. Primary focus is towards development of department members’ abilities to satisfy customer expectations.
Strict adherence and a commitment to carrying out the Corporate and/or local policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required. An employee in this position must focus on customers' expectations and strive for continuous improvement resulting in improved results for themselves, customers, and other employees.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree in a Technical or Business related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of direct and relevant Manufacturing / Supply Chain experience required.
- Understanding of basic Supply Chain / Material Handling concepts and ideas.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with lean manufacturing desirable.
- Supervise daily activities of direct reports on respective shifts.
- In addition, develop personal/departmental goals and objectives and provide constructive feedback regarding previous performance with each employee through an annual review.
- Supervises departmental activities and coordinates with other departments to meet facility/corporate objectives. Oversee and direct all aspects of cycle count activities and train/implement best practices regarding inventory control throughout the value chain.
- Partner with engineering, planning, quality, and supply chain to drive continuous improvement within the scope of WCM, quality, cost, health, safety and/or environmental objectives to include leading CAPA reports or supporting complaint investigations.
- Understands environmental policies and significant environmental impacts of job activities in accordance with ISO 14001.
- Recommends, initiates, and implements projects to continuously improve inventory flow, processes and work environment to ensure quality levels within the respective ISO certified facilities. Assist direct reports in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Provide back-up support and ensure coverage in high demand periods as applicable.
- Communicate with the other shifts, as required, the status of inventory flow, schedule adherence, equipment issues and any other matters that might have an impact on the job.
- Talent recruitment, resource management and development of direct reports. Ensure direct reports have completed all required training including OJT and SOP readings.
- Fully utilize and interface with the local IT systems to ensure complete data input and output on a daily basis and identify and resolve any variance issues.
- Model and implement 5S behaviors and work habits in daily standard of work.
- Observe and support all safety rules and regulations as defined by site and corporate EHS policies.
- Investigate and report any incidents, accidents, and unsafe conditions to management.
- Correctly fill out all time keeping software/reporting forms and other related paperwork including manufacturing forms, work order documentation, stock movement tickets, scrap tickets, identification tags, approving ECOs, etc.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now