Do you have leadership qualities? Are dependable, desireds to excell at your job? Looking for opportunities to grow with an exciting organization?
Saint-Gobain has a Technical Lead-Coating position available on our 2nd shift.
Our Technical Coating Lead assists Production Supervisors and other Operational Coating Leads in the safe, efficient operation of their functional area, which consists of multiple coating towers and film casting processes, on a day to day basis. As the only Technical Coating Lead per shift, they are a processing expert, responsible for assisting tower operators and operational leads with problem resolution related to product processing, product quality and production equipment. Responsible for conducting the Coated Fabrics, lamination and Film Casting processes in the most efficient way in order to keep waste to a minimum. Ensures all employees are performing their work in a manner that is in accordance with Saint-Gobain standards and must set a good example themselves. As a lead, is responsible for Tower Operator, QX and Casting Operators, and Operational Coating Lead training, process improvement, process deviation and recording as well as troubleshooting to ensure quality of the product. Involves supervision, HR, and EHS as necessary to maintain a productive, professional and safe work environment for all employees.
Demonstrate exemplary behavior by conforming to Saint-Gobain Principles of Conduct and Action, Saint-Gobain Attitudes, Saint-Gobain EHS Standards/Requirements, Saint-Gobain Quality Standards and Saint-Gobain Policies and Procedures
Process Improvements and Record-keeping
- Conduct the operations in a safe, efficient manner, while keeping waste to a minimum
- Be on front-end of process to ensure processes are accurately followed and recorded
- Identify, recommend and initiate changes to manufacturing processes to increase productivity, reduce down time and maintain quality/production goals in collaboration with other departments and ensure proper recording/dissemination of information is provided to other shifts
- Lead team projects such as cost improvements and waste reduction (including presentations and communication to all levels of management)
- Collaborate with Process Engineering and Maintenance on machine enhancement designs/alterations to ensure safety of operator, functionality of equipment and qualify solution
- Provide leadership and support to production operator and other leads
- Assist/provide backup for tower operations as required (i.e., employee breaks, absences, and/or increased production needs)
- Assist with sign-off on all process operations
- Perform troubleshooting and problem solve production and operation issues as they occur (CODE 5s, ETOs/ECNs)
- Correct and/or stop operation when necessary
- Monitors quality and adherence to work instructions, standards and policies
- Complete visual inspections on material as necessary
- Perform weekly tower audits, communicate results, and identify improvements
- Generate proper documentation as needed (paperwork for run sheets, QC Log-in sheets, complete/approve process deviation forms, and process/product identification)
- Liaison between team, supervisor, and other departments (i.e., Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, etc.) to convey any identified production and operation issues
- Collaborate with team, supervisor and other departments to resolve any identified technical production process and operation issues
- Identify, record and report non-conformance conditions
- Conduct data mining and analysis of George Data
- Willing to accept and receive frequent direction and assistance from various levels of management
- Anticipate potential problems with safety, quality, or production, and take the appropriate action to change course as necessary. Collaborate with other Leads and consult with EHS, Quality, Facilities, Production Supervisor, Scheduling, or Process Engineering to determine the most effective solution.
- Participate in WCM and safety activities
- Support and enforce 5S housekeeping/organization within work areas
May be requested to run shift in absence of Production Supervisor
- 1 + years experience in a Lead role
- 1 + years ERP/MRP experience, preferably QAD/Factivity
- In-depth understanding of production processes and ability to troubleshoot production issues
- Understanding of process improvement techniques and how to implement
- Intermediate mathematical skills, ability to understand spec requirements and tolerances
- Advanced comprehension, communication, reading, and writing skills
- Ability to read a tape measure within 1/16 of an inch and convert to decimals
- Ability to use measuring tools/gauges and confirm calibration of said tools (NDC gauge)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Dependability and thoroughness
- Must be able to work in confined space(s), when needed
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification, if needed
- Basic understanding of equipment operation to include, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical components operating simultaneously
- Strong adherence to company policies and procedures to include safety, environmental, health, quality, and operational
- Willing and able to cross-train in other areas according to business needs
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment by assistning and/or performing other tasks as directed/assigned by lead, supervisor, and/or other levels of management
- Strong ability to treat others with respect, dignity and empathy
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, teamwork, pride and a sense of ownership in your work
- Self-motivated, results-driven, active participant in change and process improvement
- Open-minded to differences, learning, problem solving, improvements and change
- Production environment with regular exposure to noise and dust
- May be exposed to cold and/or hot temperatures at times
- Must be able to climb a ladder, be comfortable at heights, operate equipment that is in constant motion, use of both hands at working height and periodic use above head
- Ability to lift/move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work in confined spaces as needed
- Shift premiums of 5% (of base wage)
- Annual Bonus Program (up to 10% on qualified earnings)
- Pension Plan (Company contributed, employee vesting after 3 years)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Life/AD&D/STD/LTD (no waiting period)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick/Personal
- Paid Parental Leave
RELOCATION: Not Authorized
SPONSORSHIP: Not Authorized
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now