The Product Manager Industrial films (PMI) is responsible for the product management of all Thin Films Industrial products including sputtered film, coated films and window film tolling.
The PMI interacts with customers to understand their technical needs and to gain insights in their applications. The PMI takes the lead in communicating the customer needs into the Thin Films organization and working with diverse teams to bring solutions to our customer’s most challenging demands.
The PMI works closely with the operations, engineering and quality teams in order to follow Industrial products throughout all aspects of the manufacturing process, from order taking to delivery. They will proactively work on quality feedback from the market and take leadership on the continuous improvement efforts for the Thin Film products. The PMI assures that the internal aspects of the NPI process are strictly followed according to the customer expectations, including manufacturing readiness, PE and QA plans.
The incumbent will have a deep understanding in the product, its technology, market trends and their cost structures. They will also work with the Market Manager to develop business cases for new products and with the Business Development Manager to assess new business opportunities.
Essential Responsibilities of the Position (includes the following; other responsibilities may be assigned):
- Customer & Application - Primary technical interface with the customers, providing technical support. Provide commercial and application leadership worldwide for the product line including technical recommendations, sales training, pricing. Meet with customers to establish in-application performance and product recommendations.
- Technology & Trends - Monitoring technology & market trends and making recommendation to management team. Monitor and benchmark competitive products.
- Internal Stakeholder & Project Management - Internal coordination of order fulfilment and follow-up on quality notifications. Identify and provide guidance to operations for the product line including resolution of customer-facing quality issues, cost savings opportunities and specifications. Will lead and develop marketing or engineering professionals indirectly. This may occur through cross functional project teams.
- Product Strategy - Ownership on product line up (including full understanding of cost structures). Develop vision and strategy for the product line. Define product application and development opportunities and new justification.
Essential Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in an Engineering discipline.
- Master's Degree in Engineering (Chemistry, Materials or Mechanical Engineering) or a related technical field preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Product management, R&D or sales experience, particularly in films or the coatings industry. Experience with manufacturing processes/equipment in an industrial setting.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in leading cross-functional teams. Must have deep understanding of the skills and responsibilities of each function. Experience working with R&D, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Finance.
- Possess excellent project management and communication (oral & written) skills.
- Experience in vacuum coating and roll-to-roll coating is a plus.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to include Vlookup and Pivot Tables. Database management, SAP and Minitab usage is a plus.
- Experience with ISO 13485:2016 (Medical Standard) preferred.
- Clear understanding of the requirements for Class 10,000 and Class 1,000 clean room preferred.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Proficient in data recording and documentation.
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and in an independent manner.
- Strong commitment to safety practices & principles.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule to support different production trial schedules.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Skilled in leading complex technical projects with external parties.
- Capable of presenting results and conclusions to senior management of Saint-Gobain, customers and suppliers.
- Team player, capable of managing inputs from a broad stakeholder group.
- Ability to influence others without authority and bring collaboration among several teams (both internal and external).
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in presenting ideas and concepts both in verbal and written form, including preparation of legible and accurate reports.
- Strong analytical thinker with good problem solving skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills in order to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks and work within specified time lines.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now