This individual shall assist the Senior Electrical Project Engineer to develop and implement Capital equipment projects at our multiple CertainTeed Roofing manufacturing facilities. This engineer will work closely with our Project Engineering Team, Quality Department, Operations, and Management at all levels, as well as outside Engineering and Integration resources.
In this job function, the Electrical Project Engineer II shall assist or lead the design of all phases of a project with little to no supervision to execute on time, within budget and to the quality specified. Areas of responsibility can include building and lighting systems, low voltage power distribution, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI), Ethernet/IP and industrial networking, electrical motor and servo controls, process instrumentation, electrical site plans, electrical calculations, field investigation, submittal review, and application of building codes and standard industry design practices.
This individual should be self-driven to complete assigned tasks ahead of expectations with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines. This engineer should demonstrate the personal characteristics of a developing leader.
- Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and customer requirements.
- Interpret customer requirements to identify and address design parameters and engineering problems to ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support operations and engineering with preliminary technical concept and budgeting activities.
- Help establish new and maintain existing standards.
- Develop electrical bill of materials.
- Develop scope of work documents for procurement of equipment, services and construction.
- Procure equipment and materials working closely with internal purchasing agents.
- Start up and commission equipment and electrical systems onsite at customer facilities.
- Technical writing including Appropriation Requests, technical narratives, SOP, User/Operating Manual, Troubleshooting Guide, and Spare Parts List.
- Provide technical support to internal customers, i.e., Plant Operations, Maintenance and Engineering.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design.
- Develop electrical design, schematics and drawings in AutoCAD.
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
- Create, review and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Research supplier products for best fit solution to application specifications.
- Specify equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Conduct cost and time estimation.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar related degree.
- 3 to 5 years related industry job experience.
- Willing and capable of completing assigned work with minimal supervision.
- Fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read all types of engineering plan drawings.
- Proficient office computer skills including Microsoft Office, Project and AutoCAD 2010 or later. Capable of typing 45 words per minute.
- Willing to complete additional training if necessary, as needed.
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas in an industrial manufacturing environment, working both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions.
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods. Willing and able to lift up to 75 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting.
- Willing and able to work overtime hours including weekend work and to be on call for operations.
- Expect to travel 60%.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Prior experience working within an industrial manufacturing facility in the maintenance or operations group.
- Exposure to manufacturing equipment and automation.
- Aware of Industry Standards; OSHA, EN and ISO Machine Safety, NFPA 79, NFPA 70E, UL 508A, NEMA, ANSI, IEEE and ISA.
- Basic understanding with some experience configuring, programming and troubleshooting PLCs, HMIs, motion control, servo systems, variable speed motor controls and industrial sensors.
- Electrical experience with voltages ranging from 24v to 480v 3 phase.
- Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma experience.
- Registered EIT or in the process of registering.
- Appropriate professional demeanor.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Superior attention to detail, focused, and a quick learner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineering staff, cross functional departments, and management.
- Ability to work with others.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and teamwork skills.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Work with all CertainTeed employees to foster and promote quality.
- Excellent customer skills.
- High regard for trust, integrity, honesty, ethics, innovations and safety in self and others.
- High sense of responsibility, ownership, accountability.
- Capable of flexibility in work requirements/conditions/hours and willingness to embrace change.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Results driven and a hands on approach to completion of assigned tasks.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now