Associate Quality Assurance Specialist
8hr Shift—Mandatory schedule of Saturday & Sunday
7:30am – 4pm (5 days w/Saturday & Sunday included)
The positions monitors the implementation, maintenance and control of systems & practices, which monitor, assess, and approve the quality of materials and products at all stages of production. Responsible for implementing, maintaining, and facilitating continuous quality improvement objectives, primarily cGMP, ISO 13485 for the manufacturing location, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Clearwater. Under the general direction of the Quality Manager, this position has direct responsibility for implementing, maintaining and facilitating continuous quality improvement objectives for the entire operation. Critical QMS systems, which may be under the responsibility of this position, are Receiving, In-process & Final Inspection & Testing, Calibration, Product Certification, Product Auditing, Change Control, Nonconforming Material Control (MRB processing) and Supplier Quality. Direct, frequent Customer & Vendor communications are required. This positions drives supplier quality through completion of questionnaires, maintaining vendor files, and fulfilling customer requests.
- Coordination of Receiving, In-process, Final Inspection/Testing, Batch Record Review, Product Audit & Certification processes to ensure acceptability of products shipped to customers, including vendor communication pertaining to either the raw materials or the product shipped.
- Supporting the implementation of continuous quality improvement objectives, primarily cGMP, ISO 13485 through change control, CAPA and projects.
- Coordination of Nonconforming Material Control process, including directed efforts at expedient disposition of NMR material, HOLD inventory reduction, analysis of NMR material to facilitate root cause corrective actions.
- Continuous improvement projects. Driving change by supporting/initiating Engineering Change Orders, WCM projects and / or Corrective and Preventative Actions.
- Driving supplier quality by completing supplier questionnaires, maintaining vendor files, conducting supplier audits and fulfilling customer requests.
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Model 5S behaviors and work habits
- High School Diploma or equivalent—Required
- Manufacturing Environment (ISO or GMP Environment)—4 or more years—Required
- Quality Technician experience (2 to 4 years)—Preferred
- ISO 13485, cGMP—Preferred
- Ability to follow/interpret verbal, written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form instructions
- Ability to read reports and generate reports on productivity and efficiency
- Ability to be highly attentive to detail and consistency
Requires walking, primarily on a level surface throughout the day. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
This position is in a clean room and office environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals such as alcohol.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now