Under the direct supervision of the Operations Director, the Lead Supervisor in the Coating and Laminating (C&L) Department is responsible for managing and implementing all production operations. The incumbent is responsible for daily supervision of exempt and non-exempt department employees in Coating & Laminating. Successful leadership will result in a highly trained and motivated workforce that works closely with Engineering to ensure capable manufacturing processes meeting quality objectives with consistent cost improvements.
The incumbent is also responsible for operational excellence in Coating & Laminating and ensuring continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, and Production efficiency utilizing WCM methodologies. The position relies on having extensive experience in Coating and Laminating and the judgment and ability to plan and accomplish the group’s goals while utilizing creativity as well as excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills. The Lead Supervisor is a key member of the Site Management Team and will work closely with all departments to effectively deliver on Safety, Production, Quality, and people initiatives.
Essential Responsibilities of the Position (includes the following; other responsibilities may be assigned):
- Ensures safe and efficient utilization of workforce, materials, equipment and in-process inventories in the production of all products.
- Ensures production equipment is kept in safe working condition.
- Enforces all procedures and policies.
- Keeps up to date with current and developing trends in Coating and Laminating industries in order to achieve maximum production capacity and efficiency.
- Responsible for achieving acceptable product quality according to specifications.
- Works with Quality Assurance and Engineering departments to document and update procedures and work instructions.
- Recommends capital projects and work with Engineering, during design, procurement and installation / commissioning.
- Responsible for elimination of human error losses and the mentoring/development of Production Supervisors and employees.
- Ensures operators follow standard operating procedures, work instructions and run parameters as defined by Engineering.
- Works independently and holds employees accountable for following procedures and achieving results.
- Responsible to monitor production output, waste, efficiency, utilization and downtime.
- On a daily basis, researches, reconciles and dispositions rejected product.
- Provides feedback on all production discrepancies.
- Works with Manufacturing, Engineers, and Maintenance personnel to improve and establish capable processes. On a daily basis interfaces with such teams to meet production schedule needs and priorities.
- Responsible to hire and train employees and conduct performance management of employees.
- Monitors individual performance levels.
- Writes and conducts employee performance evaluations.
- Oversees training requirements for new employees as well as continual learning for the team.
- Responsible for coordinating staff availability.
- Ensures all timecards are input accurately flagging any discrepancies and approving on a weekly basis. Records and tracks time-off requests and absenteeism.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Develop, manage, and report periodic performance KPI’s including productivity, efficiencies.
- Conducts and leads team meetings and coordinates team support activities; communicating issues pertaining to the department and/or company.
- Responsible for providing leadership and training to employees in the areas of process improvement, root cause analysis, and process control.
- Audits production areas to ensure processes and procedures are being followed in safety, cleanroom, process and 5S methodologies.
- Implements lean manufacturing concepts, techniques and processes, providing continuous performance improvement using Saint-Gobain WCM principles, and responsible for initiating and managing multiple projects with considerations for fiscal responsibilities.
Essential Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- A minimum of three (3) years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Five (5) year minimum working in a clean room preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with web based processes required.
- Five (5) year minimum 5S and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate company goals and initiatives to employees.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work within specified timelines.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Flexible to support Operations in accordance with departmental and company schedule and priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Possesses strong team skills, including the ability to coach and develop work teams and provide appropriate training.
- Ability to motivate/empower individual and resolve conflict.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills; proficient with Microsoft including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- SAP experience.
- Ability to travel (light travel).
- Forklift Driver Certification preferred.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now