The Quality Assurance Technician (QAT) will compare measurements, form, fit, function, and value judgments of simple and complex parts to blueprint specifications and general workmanship standards using documents, experience, and knowledge of inspection techniques of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Clearwater. The QAT is responsible for ensuring Good Documentation Practices are utilized throughout all quality records that are reviewed/completed/inspected/audited; and may be responsible for work order review and batch order closure.
Multiple openings are available on our Day & Night Teams:
Days: 6:45a-7:15p with a 30 minute lunch Teams 1&3
Nights: 6:45p-7:15a with a 30minute lunch Teams 2&4
- Compare in process and finished goods to established specifications; reports variance to Coordinator.
- Compare first piece produced on equipment set-up for conformance to specification.
- Write detailed inspection report in compliance with GMP standard on parts, products and processes that fail inspection; investigates scope of the failure and forward report to Coordinator for disposition.
- Use working knowledge of inspection techniques to determine most accurate method of comparing measurements of complex parts to blueprint and specification.
- Compare measurements, form, fit, function and value judgments of simple and complex parts to blueprint, specifications and general workmanship standards using documents, experience and knowledge of inspection techniques.
- Utilize statistical process control where applicable.
- Assist in orientation of new technicians and inspection processes, as necessary.
- Assist in ensuring proper calibration of equipment and measuring instruments.
- Maintain proper level of supplies (office and inspection) to prevent depletion. This includes reordering tasks.
- Carry out formulated plans, policies and procedures of the department per GMP regulations.
- Communicate with employee's any instructions or requirements as deemed necessary by the Quality Manager.
- Must be available for shift work, when necessary.
- Be willing to participate in training that may be conducted off-site.
- Report safety hazards observed to EHS Coordinator.
- Perform stock audits and other related duties as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent—Required
- Quality Technician experience (2 to 4 years)—Preferred
- Ability to follow/interpret verbal, written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form instructions
- Ability to read reports and generate reports on productivity and efficiency
- Ability to be highly attentive to detail and consistency
Requires walking, primarily on a level surface throughout the day. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
This position is in a clean room and office environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals such as alcohol.
Saint-Gobain is the world’s leading producer of engineered high performance polymer products for virtually every industry around the globe, including automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, food, beverage, airline, truck manufacturing, appliances, construction and microelectronics.
Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain is dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s application issues and to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
Saint-Gobain’s tradition of excellence goes back more than 350 years when it was established near Paris, France in 1665. Today, Saint-Gobain is one of the world’s top 100 industrial corporations and a leader in a wide array of engineered materials. Saint-Gobain employs over 170,000 employees in over 67 countries.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe that the innovations you dream can make a true impact on the world; that you can build a diverse career in a company with a rich history; and that the teams you work in offer the utmost in collaboration and cooperation.
Together, We Make a Material Difference!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now