Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the Production Supervisor is responsible for managing and implementing all production operations and shop activities for a 2nd shift. Responsible for daily supervision of department employees while managing the Coating/Laminating Department. Working in conjunction with Engineering to ensure high quality products are produced in a safe and efficient manner while maximizing capacity with minimum cost.
- Ensures production equipment is kept in safe working condition. Enforces all safety procedures and policies.
- Works independently and holds employees accountable for following procedures and achieving results.
- Responsible for running daily reports to monitor production output, waste, efficiency, utilization and downtime.
- Responsible for performance management of employees. Monitors individual performance levels. Writes and conducts employee performance evaluations. Oversees training requirements for new employees as well as continual learning for the team.
- Conducts and leads team meetings and coordinates team support activities; communicating issues pertaining to the department and/or company.
- Keeps up to date with current and developing trends in Coating & Laminating industries in order to achieve maximum production capacity and efficiency.
- Works with Manufacturing, Product and Process Engineers to improve and establish capable processes using statistical methodology. On a daily basis interfaces with such teams to meet production schedule needs and priorities.
- Responsible for providing leadership and training to employees in the areas of process improvement, root cause analysis, and process control.
- Responsible for achieving acceptable product quality according to specifications. Works with Quality Assurance and Engineering Departments to document and update procedures and work instructions.
- Audits production areas to ensure processes and procedures are being followed in safety, cleanroom, process and 5S methodologies.
- On a daily basis, researches, reconciles and dispositions rejected product. Provides feedback on all productions discrepancies.
- Engages in Saint-Gobain Solar Gard’s WCM initiatives by attending internal trainings and by initiating projects.
- Implements lean manufacturing concepts, techniques and processes, providing continuous performance improvement.
- Responsible for coordinating staff availability.
- Ensures all timecards are input accurately flagging any discrepancies and approving on a weekly basis. Records and tracks time off requests and absenteeism.
- Performs other related task as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in an Engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Production/Manufacturing environment, experience working in Coating industry a PLUS; 2+ year’s supervisor experience.
- Experience using problem solving tools such as five “Whys”, Kaizen, Fishbone diagrams, Lean Six Sigma, etc.
- Able to communicate company goals and initiatives to employees.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work within specified time lines.
- Must have the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and have the flexibility to support operations in accordance with departmental and company schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills.
- Strong team skills, including the ability to coach and develop work teams and provide appropriate training.
- The ability to motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience using MRP (SAP or similar software preferable).
- Some Travel Required. Primarily local during the business day. May on occasion travel to appropriate seminars and training.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now