The Human Resource Generalist provides support to the Shared Services Organization of CertainTeed and Saint Gobain, North America (SGNA).
The Human Resource Generalist serves as an integral HR Business Partner, and will support their internal business stake holders in many areas to include; employee & labor relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, HR administration, and more.
This role is important in executing the Company’s people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, as well as driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Human resource management and interpretation of policies, procedures and programs related to employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, and employee & labor relations.
- Effectively investigate employee relations issues. Analyze information from various sources and examine potential risks, to draw conclusions/solutions and ensure actions are legally compliant and in accordance with company values.
- Advise Management on HR issues including employee relations, performance management and employee development and training.
- Advise employees in various human resources matters including interpersonal issues, training, and career development. Promote and maintain open-door policy.
- Review disciplinary issues with management to identify and recommend best progressive discipline options, up to and including termination.
- Facilitate job requisition process, conduct interviews, make hiring and salary recommendations. Provide immigration support as needed.
- Manage employee commitment and engagement activities and programs; identifying opportunities to foster desired culture through employee programs and effective communication.
- Conduct internal HR audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Position is involved in the analysis, design, and documentation of business processes.
- Perform job evaluations slotting positions in accordance with organization’s Hay based salary structure.
- Conduct compensation comparisons for internal and market equity to make salary recommendations for new hires, reorganizations, equity adjustments, and promotions.
- Administration of merit increase process and various incentive plans.
- Manage information dissemination/communication on benefit changes.
- Support employee benefit issues and partner with benefits department to resolve escalated benefit issues.
- Advise employees of retirement program and prepare information/communications regarding benefit costs, benefit eligibility, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of employment legislation and regulations.
- Working exposure to multi-site, multi-state operations.
- Solid knowledge of HR computer software programs and systems (PeopleSoft) as well as Microsoft Office is required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate a proper sense of urgency, decisiveness, integrity, and ability to make appropriate decisions.
- Must have the ability to interact and work effectively with all level of the organization, including executive management.
- Experience with leave management, compensation and benefits
- Ability to travel domestically as needed (15-20%)
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now