The Production Planner manages the 3rd party products particularly Metal, Solar groups as well as other purchased product groups and will serve as the back up to the production planning scheduling team and all related functions up to and including specified raw materials, using all available scheduling tools and resources to most efficiently utilize multiple plants’ resources consistent with forecasts and customer service objectives.
Production Planner for 3rd party products will also serve as the main communication link between the product managers, financial analysis, as well as plants’ and headquarters personnel in the event the products or production plants suffer extended production down time. The Production Planner will serve as the main headquarters contact and provide continuous updates until all operations are back to normal. This position will also be responsible for meeting working capital and customer service shipping performance targets, while coordinating and working closely with the Customer Service and Transportation Department. Travel requirements include multiple visits to vendor sites, warehouses, as well as production plants and attending planning/manufacturing
3rd Party Products Planning and scheduling:
- Review and create purchase requisitions to send to the purchasing department for PO placement
- Work with purchasing agents to ensure inventory is delivered by suppliers as needed for customer requirements
- Proactively expedite or delay purchase orders to balance inventory for customer demand and working capital targets
- Maintain safety stock levels, reorder points and other planning parameters according to forecasts and sales
- Develop forecasts to share with suppliers based on inputs from sales, product management and historical data
- Coordinate new SKU introductions to reduce the risk of obsolete inventory and ensure product availability
- Aid in the creation of new SKUs and maintenance of material master data within SAP
- Perform ad hoc analysis for internal and/or external stakeholders
- Weekly, monthly review of inventory levels and future inbound purchase order volumes with management team, suppliers and key customers
Production Planning and scheduling for manufactured and sourced products:
- Develop production plans to meet customer demand and working capital targets
- Daily, weekly, monthly, review of existing and future production planning and budgetary planning preparations
- Review monthly sales forecast projections
- Maintain master production planning data to best utilize our planning system
- Develop and optimize manufacturing work schedules
- Ensure that schedules support daily on time shipping performance
- Mentor new and existing production planners to ensure proper training and understanding to the production planning and scheduling process within the Roofing Group.
- Working with the customer service department, ensure that production schedules are meeting both our manufacturing and customer service requirements to properly communicate availability dates
- Develop Inventory plans as either the 3rd Party Product Planner that works in tandem with Purchasing department or serves as the backup planner for the 3rd Party Product Planner.
- Trouble-shoot all SAP related issues as the SAP Super user and/or serve as one of the backups to the SAP Super User if he/she is not available.
Forecast specified raw materials and sourced products:
- Working with the demand planning, purchasing and manufacturing departments, monitor and help plan the usage of key raw materials and sourced products.
Process Monitoring and Management:
- Participate in the weekly production meetings for each responsible plant(s)
- Manage the plants on-time shipping performance to ensure it meets the group’s commitment to superior customer service
- Monitor plant finished goods inventory levels to ensure they meet all working capital requirements
- Manage production capacity constraints and alert necessary team members to issues
- Create and monitor sourced items inventory reports, managing purchased finished goods service levels. Alert purchasing to risk situations and requirements.
- Bachelor College Degree (or equivalent work experience in the production/ sourced products planning areas)
- 1 to 3 years planning and scheduling experience in a warehouse/shipping and manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient in the SAP Production Planning System (Advance Planning Model is a plus) and have extensive production planning and/or MRP planning knowledge in a manufacturing environment
- This position requires excellent problem solving, negotiating, and general “people skills” in dealing with external and internal contacts which may require potential weekend work.
- This position requires an individual with a good working knowledge of Warehouse / Shipping and Production Department policies, procedures, and operations.
- This position requires close attention to detail and proficiency with internal computer systems, including the SAP ERP and APO system, Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Must have excellent leadership skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills with particular attention to detail.
- APICS certification or the ability and willingness to become certified.
- SAP ERP system knowledge needed or equivalent system
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now