The Production Supervisor is responsible for all production activities. The incumbent will manage and direct the activities of the production line personnel to safely produce quality products. Will monitor and direct the production activities and production line personnel. The incumbent is held accountable to ensure production activities are carried out in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety requirements, policies, and procedures. This position reports directly to the Production Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise and direct all Production activities for assigned lines to ensure that products are produced to meet or exceed all established process specifications and quality requirements. Confer with Production Superintendent and establish work schedules, assignments and production requirements for operations and activities within or between departments.
- Observe work and monitor to ensure production or processing standard performance. Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving.
Interprets production specifications and determines the acceptability of production that is in process.
- Responsible for the support of activities such as Maintenance and Engineering.
- Working knowledge and understanding of products and manufacture all products within specification.
- Maintain communication with Operations Manager to assure production requirements are understood.
- Provides input and collaboration as part of the plant operations second level management team.
- Must advise and counsel Production line personnel effectively, utilize progressive discipline, taking corrective actions when warranted for crew members.
- Ensures compliance with all safety procedures, establishes, and promotes the maintenance of a safe, accident free and healthy work environment. Eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations, which may lead to human injury and or property damage.
- Report all EH&S incidents – Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment Damage.
- Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Participation in development and review of JSA/SOP’s.
- BS Degree preferred and/or 3 to 5 years supervisory experience, as well as exposure in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires an understanding of the production operation and its practices and procedures, as well as a high level of human relation’s skills to develop and motivate subordinates.
- Must demonstrate core competencies of engagement in safe work behaviors, effective communications, listening, and organizational skills.
- Must understand machine operations and be fully committed to accomplishing tasks in a safe manner.
- Must be computer literate, and have knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as Six Sigma.
- Position is dedicated to providing leadership and direction for activities of assigned crews.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now