Saint-Gobain is seeking a skilled team player to join our dynamic Maintenance group. The Mechanical Electrical Technician is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of the production equipment to ensure minimal production down-time and a safe work environment.
Candidate should be able to install, setup and troubleshoot mechanical assemblies and drive components. Perform basic electrical testing utilizing schematics. Maintenance and repair of industrial control systems. Production equipment includes; material handling, bulk chemical systems, batch mixing, web coaters, extruding, converting and packaging equipment.
The Mechanical Electrical Technician is also responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of the facilities equipment such as: HVAC, boilers, chillers, compressors, pumps, motors, pollution control equipment, life safety, electrical power distribution, network, hoists, docks and automated doors.
The position requires scheduled shift work, weekend work and emergency call-ins during off shifts to support production. The Mechanical Electrical Technician will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs electrical and mechanical preventative and predictive maintenance to maintain optimal equipment operation.
- Troubleshoots and repairs down or malfunctioning facilities and production equipment.
- Sets-up and operates a variety of shop equipment (hand and stationary) to complete routine maintenance tasks, break/fix response and building improvements.
- Provides professional, informative and responsive communication on status and coordinates the equipment work and repairs with equipment owners.
- Maintains the integrity of the Work Order/Preventative Maintenance system by completing timely input and updating the system on assignments, status, action taken and timesheet information.
- Assists in the commissioning and startup of new equipment and the removal of obsolete equipment.
- Assists the Plant Emergency Response Team in securing the plant in emergency situations.
- Active participant in the Plant Lean/World Class Manufacturing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participates in self-development activities and training of others.
- Adhere to all Company safety procedures, and exhibits safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Adhere to all Company environmental procedures and exhibits good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or GED, with a minimum of 2 years industrial maintenance experience required or Associate’s degree or equivalent in industrial maintenance, mechanical technology or HVAC from two-year college or technical school required.
- Experience in equipment lubrication.
- Experience with mechanical drive components.
- Experience testing AC/DC electrical systems including single phase and three phase up to 1000 V.
- Experience with motors, VFDs and motor control systems.
- Experience with pumps and fans.
- Ability to fabricate custom assemblies used on production and facilities equipment.
- Experience with pneumatic controls.
- Experience with hydraulic controls, motor controls, piping systems and VFDs.
- Has working knowledge of major systems including HVAC, electrical, controls, plumbing, lighting, docks, overhead/sliding doors and life safety.
- Experience using electrical test equipment.
- Experience with mechanical measuring, vibration and alignment techniques and test equipment.
- Familiarity with building construction practices, construction drawings, building codes and regulations a plus but not required.
- Understand good safety practices and the requirements of OSHA and other safety-related codes.
- Ability to execute moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift up to 50 pounds and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proven ability to work independently, be solution-oriented, perform well under the pressure of tight deadlines, adapt well to change, multi-task, and work accurately with detail.
- The Technician must be a problem solver, effective communicator and demonstrate quality and positive outlook in the execution of daily activities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, manuals, specifications, blueprints, assembly and layout drawings, schematics and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience using a personal computer and with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel or equivalent.
About Granville, NY:
Located within rural Washington County in Upstate New York.
Glens Falls/Queensbury, NY- 40 minutes
Saratoga Springs, NY- 50 minutes
Manchester, VT- 30 minutes
Bounded on the east by the Green Mountains of Vermont, the north by Lake Champlain and Lake George, the west by Saratoga Springs and the south by the Capital District.
Many local outdoor recreational opportunities. This includes a recreational trail that runs directly behind the site.
Not accessible by public transportation.
About the Facility:
SG Granville offers solutions for bonding, protection and insulation to the automotive, aerospace, energy, construction, electronics, medical, and general industry sectors. Through the support of our four global research and development centers and our advanced polymer technology expertise, we create innovative solutions that enhance performance in the most extreme environments. Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, we are dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s most extreme and demanding application issues.
For more than 50 years, SG Granville has been a proud member of the community- first as Sandon, then as Norton Company. The site continues to support the community with its philanthropic activities and employee volunteerism.
SG Granville employs around 115 employees over three shifts. We are a five day a week operation. We encourage candidates to apply who are looking for a career and not just a job. With highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, we ensure our employees feel rewarded for their contributions. With low turnover and an average service time of over 15 years there are many employees who have made a long-term commitment to the success of SG Granville.
Candidates are impressed with our starting hourly rates and the earnings potential from merit increases. Yearly bonuses, 401(k) with match, and pension add to the total rewards package.
Finally, the opportunity to live where you work affords employees the opportunity to have a great job and still easily be involved in community/family activities.
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now