Saint-Gobain is seeking Fabrication Associates (Structural Assembler) for our growing Air Supported Radomes Department in Merrimack, NH. In this role, you will build radar covers and shelters for the military.
$16/hr plus 10% shift differential No experience needed - we will train individuals that are dependable and willing to learn.
Air-Supported Radomes protect antenna systems while providing outstanding electromagnetic transmission performance. They are constructed using high performance fabrics, which are designed to withstand the toughest environmental conditions.
The Fabrication Associate is responsible for layout, cutting and assembly of coated fabric material to drawings or blueprints in order to produce a high quality structure (such as a radome or shelter for the military). Performs and operates job functions with safety, quality and efficiency in mind and in accordance with specific process sheets and operational parameters. Must have excellent attention to quality in regards to the visual and weight/thickness aspects of the material being used and/or produced.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Follows work orders, process sheets, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation
- Read and interpret blueprints, to measure, cut, layout and assemble coated fabric material
- Fabricate miscellaneous parts using a variety of powered and hand tools (such as heated material tackers) and conform to drawings or layovers
- Layout and assemble various projects including pretension windows, antenna covers, and other products
- Complete visual inspections on material as it is processed
- Check materials using various calibrated and non-calibrated tools
- Meet productivity time and quality standards in area of responsibility
- Willing to accept and receive frequent direction and assistance from various levels of management
- Recognize and report defective materials or questionable conditions to Lead and/or Production Supervisor when necessary
- Cut and seam samples for Q.C. as required
- Identify non-conforming material, make necessary adjustments to correct, and/or notify Lead, Production Supervisor, and/or Engineer
- Properly complete required paperwork/forms either manually or electronically
- Maintain 5S housekeeping/organization within work area
- Any other related duties, goals and/or activities as assigned
**NOTE: The hours for this position will be Sun-Thrs either 9pm-5am or 10pm-6am. Training for this position will be for approximately 4-6 weeks on 1st shift (Mon-Fri 6am-2pm)**
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us. Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now