Saint-Gobain is seeking Fabrication Associates for our growing Air Supported Radomes Department in Merrimack, NH. Air-Supported Radomes protect antenna systems while providing outstanding electromagnetic transmission performance. They are constructed using PTFE coated, high performance fabrics, which are designed to withstand the toughest environmental conditions.
**NOTE: The hours for this position will be Sun-Thrs either 9pm-5am or 10pm-6am. Training for this position will be for approximately 4-8 weeks on 1st shift (Mon-Fri 6am-2pm)**
The Fabrication Lead assists Production Supervisor/Manager and other Leads in the safe, efficient operation of their functional area on a day to day basis. As the Lead, they responsible for assisting fabricators and leads with problem resolution related to product processing, product quality and production equipment, while keeping waste to a minimum. Ensures all employees are performing their work in a manner that is in accordance with Saint-Gobain standards and must set a good example themselves. As a Lead, is also responsible for training, process improvement, process deviation and recording as well as troubleshooting to ensure quality of the product. Involves supervision, HR, and EHS as necessary to maintain a productive, professional and safe work environment for all employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrate exemplary behavior by conforming to Saint-Gobain Principles of Conduct and Action, Saint-Gobain Attitudes, Saint-Gobain EHS Standards/Requirements, Saint-Gobain Quality Standards and Saint-Gobain Policies and Procedures
- Enforce all the above on the production floor through proper training, coaching and monitoring
Process Improvements and Record-keeping
- Conduct the operations in a safe, efficient manner, while keeping waste to a minimum
- Be on front-end of process to ensure processes are accurately followed and recorded
- Identify, recommend and initiate changes to manufacturing processes to increase productivity, reduce down time and maintain quality/production goals in collaboration with other departments and ensure proper recording/dissemination of information is provided to other shifts
- Lead team projects such as cost improvements and waste reduction (including presentations and communication to all levels of management)
- Collaborate with Process Engineering and Maintenance on machine enhancement designs/alterations to ensure safety of operator, functionality of equipment and qualify solution
- Responsible for process instruments, including calibration
Provide leadership and support to production operator and other leads
Monitor quality and adherence to work instructions, standards and policies
Complete visual inspections on material as necessary
Audit production process to ensure quality standards are upheld
Anticipate potential problems with safety, quality, or production, and take the appropriate action to change course as necessary. Collaborate with other Leads and consult with EHS, Quality, Facilities, Production Supervisor, Scheduling, or Process Engineering to determine the most effective solution, document and train others accordingly.
Involve supervision, HR and EHS as necessary to maintain a productive, professional and safe work environment for all employees.
Be a mentor and coach for the team with the objective of win-win positive outcomes
Establish team measurables, monitor for compliance, and input data with the objective of trending continuous improvements.
Classify and document team work assignments daily in order to properly classify hours worked by job. (Analyze department Engineering Work Releases (EWR’s). Make recommendations on completion date based on analysis of current requirements, material needs, space available and ancillary equipment required.
Schedule overtime and vacation as required. Assist with associate yearly reviews.
Balance labor force, keeping the needs and current objectives of other areas of fabrication and the plant in mind.
Conduct informative shift start meetings. Daily safety themes are required.
Use QAD to conduct required department transactions to protect inventory integrity.
Effectively communicate operational status to various functional groups during daily FRACAS
May be requested to run shift in absence of Production Supervisor
Participate in WCM projects
Maintain 5S/Visual Factory/Kanban systems within department